Unofficially Official Hardcore Discussion Thread

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: 4 HC modes at launch...

rlbl wrote:

Fair, but for all the previously supported game modes? Rhetorical question, because they do not exist to view them.

I think I am wondering: Would there be justification to support ALL the games the entire HC community would want to see:

- would any show low numbers

- would some people switch from CORE to HC (that answer is an obvious yes, but how many... and would that number be enough to justify them)

That is my question angle I think...  I wish they were all there, but I submit to the idea that it may not make sense, no matter what my feelings on the subject are.  I felt totally abandoned when they dropped support in BO1, and even though I did not like it nor did I like what they did (bombs and flags), I understood why they did it in principal (and still hated it)

I was pretty involved in the Bombs/Flags fiasco of BO1. It was a great compromise... the HC community got more modes. TA kept the community from fragmenting.

And then people whined like stuck pigs.

Ideal world... all modes would be there. Reality-ville... there aren't enough HC players for all of them.

... but...

... there aren't enough for some of the Core modes either.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Yeah... if there is really an issue with player base, I would have considered keep the most popular in both modes, and dropped the least in both as well.

but then that also might not be the right answer... can't please everyone.

(the other side of the coin of the BAF fiaso is : it forced people to play game modes they hated. I was on that side of fence myself lol)

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

rlbl wrote:

- The potential of pissing off that % of the community is a blip on the total player base*

* the 3rd was a random thought from a business perspective background, not saying it has any merit

Well... I would say...

• The MP dev is certainly not supporting the HC community.

• The player numbers are between 20-30% of all players

• More people play HC KC than Core.

• Most Core players play TDM

• It's not small.

Note the statement was from the point of view of the modes they got rid of (or replaced). I was not asking about the community as a whole.  If 25-30% are HC players, but a game mode only has 1% of the community, in my mind it would be at the top of list to be on the chopping block, assuming I had to chop anything at all.  So again, the question becomes (from a overall stats point of view), why did that mode need to be chopped?

Not sure if my question is clear; and it is a question that only someone at the decision making table can answer without speculation.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RAN Kismet

well Iw have spoken I have complete trust in Iw to listen and act on feedback unlike a certian other studio who promised to do the same thing and a 80 page thread later nada

but i think the point is and one that carries over to cod in general there's an element of never buy a pig in a poke nowadays with cod especially for hc which seems to get shafted more and more each year

Candice Capen @candyslexia2h

we haven't released any playlist info. & when the game is out it is very simple to update them based on feedback

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

well Iw have spoken I have complete trust in Iw to listen and act on feedback unlike a certian other studio who promised to do the same thing and a 80 page thread later nada

but i think the point is and one that carries over to cod in general there's an element of never buy a pig in a poke nowadays with cod especially for hc which seems to get shafted more and more each year

Candice Capen @candyslexia2h

we haven't released any playlist info. & when the game is out it is very simple to update them based on feedback

I don't doubt they can update, brother.

I'm 100% bothered with always having to grovel to get HC modes which should just be in the damn game at launch.

I'm gonna pre-feedback.

Why wait?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I don't understand why they cannot just put KC, TDM, and Cranked all in the same playlist, so that they can have more room for other playlists.

4 playlists but there would be more modes for HC to play.

HC TDM, KC, and Cranked.

HC DOM and Blitz

HC SND and SNR.

HC Hunted and Grind.

Just some examples.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I think that's a much better option than what we have currently.

I was really excited for SNR (let alone good ole' SND)

Level 8

in reply to iivrruummii

Because players don't like mosh lists.. plain and simple. Fan of one list or another do not like having to fight for their fav game mode.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

I can't think of anything worse than search and destroy, wait hardcore search, yeah that would be way worse.

I agree I don't know why hardcore isn't an option for all gametypes, for those that like to play it. I never have, don't have a problem with the damage it's more a problem of losing the HuD.

Level 1

in reply to Schuesseled1

I'm no fan of Search myself either, but I don't see why they couldn't, as Maccabi suggested, have some mosh pit modes so HC players have at least some chance to experience all of the modes in a HC setting.  I tweeted something similar to Vahn, after but it fell on deaf ears.

Level 29

Studios