Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

in reply to robaleco

YYou can't give people every leathal apart from ieds from scavenger, that would be crazy that's like saying I hate snipers so make scavenger give more ammo to every gun apart from snipers loooooooool

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to eleven1181

Dude if you want ied's all over the place and get killed by it every single time you are crazy imagine that you find a camper you can't trought Any grenade or tactical because you already used it so you have to get killed to take him out of there

Level 1

in reply to teanah

My suggestions to improve game play.

Objective Game Modes: Create a two tiered point streak, support streaks for kills and assault streaks for objectives. This rewards players than risk their lives and punish their K/D (which many worship) with streaks that gets them kills and encourages objective game play. The support rewards for getting kills also helps teammates playing the objectives as well.

Get rid of the field orders and bring back the care pack but make it a support streak only at 16 kills. The care pack would be a random KEM strike or assault streak. Get rid of air superiority and lower helo pilot, oracle and juggernault to fill in the gap.

Get rid of sat comms and bring back the traditional UAV but only available in the support streak at 6 kills. It limits the UAV spamming, increases the effectiveness of UAV and reduces the need for OTG. In addition the reality is the UAV is a support reward.

Bring back better aerial kill streaks and stinger missiles. Right now with the rarity of aerial kill streaks there is no need for blind eye and air superiority.

Make the thermal scope render in color. Presently it is easier to see players with Incog in black and white than it is in normal color making Incog only useful against target finders.

Make dead silent completely silent when you walk to players that don’t use amplify and low movement sounds when you walk to players with amplify. Presently it gives players with good headsets (yes I have one) too great of an advantage. It’s a compromise and hey I don’t want to render my Astro A40 I recently bought completely useless.

Disable the ability of players playing in groups to see other player's stats and clan affiliations. Too many groups trying to select their opponents and pick on the weak in pubs, avoiding other clans or accomplished randoms.

Show your fans some appreciation and if you use any of their suggestions add their names and contributions to the credits.

Level 12

in reply to teanah

I think the SatComs are far better solution to "camping" than what BO2 implemented. I also don't see the issue with Amplify that everyone else seems to be seeing. I run Dead Silence on every class and have no trouble flanking people. True, more often than the past, opponents know I'm coming. But I also know where they are so it comes down to outwitting them on which direction I'm going to take for that final approach ... or getting a long shot they don't expect. On the final approach, I do what I've done in every COD ... crouch walk.

I do think the two-tiered point streak where kills earn support streaks and caps earn assault streaks sounds like a tasty idea, though.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to teanah

Please fix the leaderboards ASAP, I'd say the top 1500 places are hacked, it's not fair on legit players and must be one of the easiest things to sort.

Thanks

Level 20

in reply to teanah

It sure is nice to see that the devs are working on their game.

Now about the patches and plans themselves:

Please remember that this is just my opinion.

The Spawning:

Since most maps are so big, it's usually safe to spawn, even when playing gamemodes like Cranked or Ground War. But occasionally, the spawn system lets you have a really bad day (especially on small maps). Because the way it works right now (as far as I understood), it doesn't spawn you where an enemy could see you. But that means, that just a simple wall between your spawn location and the enemy would be legit for a spawn. This is what some people are abusing, by peeking around corners for a moment, to check if someone spawned. - This is just as far as my experience goes, and it's just my speculation and not a fact. Though spawning really seems more comfortable than in the previous games. (Anyone remember FFA Shipment on MW1?)

The Snipers:

At first glance the nerfs look like a lot. But then you realise that those mostly affect quickscoping and/or aren't that much of a deal..

Something about quickscoping first~ regardless of quickscope being a challenge or not, it can be really frustrating when you face one of those, because unless he misses, you have like no chance to fire back. It's almost like facing a Bulldog.

The increase in ADS (quickdraw and normal) now gives you a fair chance to fight them back.

The Hipfire nerf was IMO not necessary, because by the time you are close enough for a "rather" accurate hipfire shot, you might as well just go knifing.

The silencer nerf isn't that severe. If you can aim somewhat good, you can still kill people with chest-shots. It's not too much of a difference in hitboxes.

Hackers/Cheaters:

In the current state that this game is, any effort in counteracting hackers is welcome. The only thing that I'd wish, is if we could get some statistics. Not in form of a "Name of Shame", but just so that we can see the results. Because it feels like all reports are going into the void.

Heavy Duty Playlist:

This mode, slows down the pace of the match noticeably. You're much less stressed of being shot, because it's not a guaranteed death anymore. I personally love this mode, because it brings back the style of the previous games.

The only thing that bothers me, is that Blitz is in the playlist. It gets much harder to kill people before they reach the point.

By now, people should have gotten used to the changes, and not be scared of the text.

Level 1

in reply to _Massie_

_Massie_ wrote:

It sure is nice to see that the devs are working on their game.

Now about the patches and plans themselves:

Please remember that this is just my opinion.

The Spawning:

Since most maps are so big, it's usually safe to spawn, even when playing gamemodes like Cranked or Ground War. But occasionally, the spawn system lets you have a really bad day (especially on small maps). Because the way it works right now (as far as I understood), it doesn't spawn you where an enemy could see you. But that means, that just a simple wall between your spawn location and the enemy would be legit for a spawn. This is what some people are abusing, by peeking around corners for a moment, to check if someone spawned. - This is just as far as my experience goes, and it's just my speculation and not a fact. Though spawning really seems more comfortable than in the previous games. (Anyone remember FFA Shipment on MW1?)

The Snipers:

At first glance the nerfs look like a lot. But then you realise that those mostly affect quickscoping and/or aren't that much of a deal..

Something about quickscoping first~ regardless of quickscope being a challenge or not, it can be really frustrating when you face one of those, because unless he misses, you have like no chance to fire back. It's almost like facing a Bulldog.

The increase in ADS (quickdraw and normal) now gives you a fair chance to fight them back.

The Hipfire nerf was IMO not necessary, because by the time you are close enough for a "rather" accurate hipfire shot, you might as well just go knifing.

The silencer nerf isn't that severe. If you can aim somewhat good, you can still kill people with chest-shots. It's not too much of a difference in hitboxes.

The Spawning in this game is simply unacceptable, in all the maps there are places where you can sit and literally watch people spawn in,  its ridiculous, not to mention the countless times guys have spawned in 4 feet behind an enemy player,
I find it mindboggling to believe no one at IW saw this during development and testing and did not find it something they should address, simply unacceptable....

After the so called 'sniper patch' I see no difference in them at all...

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

blitz spawns are terrible

Level 10

in reply to teanah

How about more hardcore modes?  I don't need the health so low that one or two hits make a kill, which disregards weapon balance.  Why not just offer up more game modes so we can play without the minimap?

Level 1

in reply to teanah

leave Amplify and Dead Silence alone.  I wear dead silence on all my classes, I don't have a problem flanking or getting outplayed by people using Amplify.  I don't find the need to crouch walk everywhere nor do I think that's a great strategy considering how slow it moves and how it would make a person an easy target.

When a person wears Dead Silence, the noise they create sounds very similar to the opponents teammates when the opponent is using Amplify.  For a person using Amplify to effectively sound whore a Dead Silence user, they would need to have good situational awareness of the minimap.  Additionally, an Amplify user needs to be able to gauge the distance between audio cues made by enemies using Dead Silence vs not using Dead Silence.  This is skill.

Level 3

Studios