Vehicles killstreaks in future Call of Duty games

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Vehicles killstreaks in future Call of Duty games

Its to late for Ghosts and possibly to late for next years Call of Duty. but controllable vehicles in Call of Duty like tanks or Jeeps with mounted MG, helicopters and over vehicles would be (I think) a good idea.

the idea is you earn the killstreak and wait for it to arrive on scene, when it does you jump in and control it, or maybe something like the Jeep, you get driven around the map while you use the MG on the back to kill enemies. the lack of control may balance the speed of the car and the car's armour (just a thought) so you could be wondering for ages where no one is.

Vehicles will lead to anti vehicle equipment like anti tank mines or spike strips. and current equipment will be used better like EMPs, FMJ attachment, launchers, C4 and grenade launcher. EMP should not destroy the killstreak but temporally disable it so they can plant C4 or over explosives on it safely

The maps will need to be large for the killstreak to seem useful, but also the maps should change to the vehicles, like walls should be smash-able with a tank. if the player smashes all 4 (or just 2) walls of a building while the tank is inside, the building should collapse on top of the tank killing the player and destroying the tank. but not all walls should be smash-able or whats the point of walls in the first place

The challenger 2 tank uses smoke for defence but in-game, there should limited uses. I think about 2 max for balancing purposes. limited ammo for the vehicle as well  so you can't spend the whole game inside the tanks or any over vehicle.

like the Jeep with a MG on the back, the MG should only hold 300 ammo max, when you used it you have to get out and fight like normal until you earn another Jeep killstreak

as always, getting killings using killstreaks should not count to your killstreak stack.

Tell me what you think about vehicles in future Call of Duty games, and if you liked my idea or edit my idea or have a whole new idea of your own about how vehicles could work in Call of Duty

Level 6
12 REPLIES

Re: Vehicles killstreaks in future Call of Duty games

in reply to RazerDeadBullet

Cod3 and W@W had them, not aerial of course. I thought they were a good addition myself but people complained about them in HC modes because you can really wreck people with vehicles with no health.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

People want the fence lowered to their level, they will never learn to be good if they complain about something, instead they need to learn to jump higher and higher, learn to combat things they can't do.

Next I bet anything its going to be Juggernaut Maniac, people with bad aim and low skill will rage at this. because they don't know how to aim at the head to kill the it.

Level 6

You want that sort of game play go play battlefield. CoD is about foot soldiers and not vehicular warfare.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

yea..... ok so the ARG, stealth chopper, VTOL warship, Dragonfire and reaper are not vehicular? all I am saying be fun if you were able to jump inside the thing and control it

Level 6

Homefront had a nice balance between COD and BF in terms of vehicles. You built up your battlepoints throughout the match to spend on different things. You could use them on smaller things like predator missiles or save them up and spend them on vehicles. Humvees with MGs, Tanks, choppers, etc. This way you actually have to earn the right to use them unlike BF where they're just there when you spawn in.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

yea. things like tanks should cost alot of ponits/kills to get them, so its more balanced

Level 6

Tanks or jeeps. The maps are to small. In WaW there where some maps with tanks. If you where good with them you could make a lot of kills. The playstyle of the modern day cod's don't fit it.
1. Gameplay is to fast

2, maps to small

3. to much stuff to destroy the tanks

4. the focus of the game should be more gun vs gun

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

in reply to dtuchpunk

but we get air base kilstreaks we can control why not ground based vehicles

Level 6