WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SQUADS DIFFICULTY SETTINGS?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SQUADS DIFFICULTY SETTINGS?

I can not click on recruit any more in the Squads Wargame. Why have all the difficulty options been removed? The only choice is Regular. Why did you take all the other difficulty choices away? I await a decent answer.

Level 5
33 REPLIES

Re: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SQUADS DIFFICULTY SETTINGS?

in reply to bonger

Is anyone else choked about this. Is everyone happy with just regular difficulty settings when shooting bots?

Level 5

in reply to bonger

I was wondering if it's just because of Double XP or what? I want to know as well. It is a mode that I like to play with my father who is 68 years old. (yes he still plays) An explanation would be nice.

Level 1

in reply to bamabilly1

I totally agree.  It was disappointing when they removed the hardened and veteran difficulty modes in squads-wargame, but removing the recruit level is a real problem -- it actually makes the game unplayable for a lot of people.  Just like the previous poster said, my Dad plays as well (he is 80), and he just can't get used to the "regular" difficulty level.  He says it's just too frantic and he doesn't have much fun.  I play with him quite often, but I fear that he will stop because of this.

On this note, I realize that there is a "private match" feature, but you don't use your own squad in this mode, and there is no progression and no rewards, which removes a lot of the fun.  It makes sense to remove the difficulty selection in the squads-assault mode, where there are leaderboards comparing everybody, necessitating an even playing field, but the same does not hold true of wargame.

Note also that ALL of the "operations/challenges" are all disabled in squads mode, so there are NO "customization" upgrades unlocked in this mode (I actually think there SHOULD be some that are unique to squads.)  This means that there are PLENTY of things that still separate squads mode from MP mode.

I'm still hoping that this was a mistake, but it would be nice if someone from IW or Activision would tell us what happened.

Level 3

in reply to Slotcar1

Plus the fact that the AI bots on Regular are no where near the same skill level they used to be at originally. They have gotten much harder. Thanks.

Level 5

in reply to Slotcar1

For Sure !!    We the people demand recruit back... Regular seems really really hard, and i tis not as fun anymore, totally agrees with everyone on this.....give us choices 

Level 2

in reply to bamabilly1

Thanks... I am hoping it's just for double xp too, but I don't think it will be as they changed it once before from originally having 4 options. I'm sure others would like other settings as well, some easier, some may want veteran and hardened back... I just would like recruit back as well as the others back to how it originally was. Not everyone is Hardcore.

Level 5

in reply to bonger

BRING BACK RECRUIT MODE. It's that simple. You've pissed many, many people off.

Level 1

in reply to bonger

Double XP is finished, and it still isn't there, so I don't think they will be putting it back on anytime soon, or at all for that matter. Stupid choice to remove it IMO.

Level 1

in reply to Renaay

Agreed. Stupid choice indeed. Thanks.

Level 5

Studios