We need Spawns feedback!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: We need Spawns feedback!

in reply to teanah

In the past few days, the spawns are exactly the same, no matter what mode and map I play on my PlayStation 3. Every game I play I am always spawn/revenge-killed at least once per match. Some times I get spawn/revenge-killed 3 times in a row before I am spawned in a safe location. What needs to be done is to create additional spawn points that will put us the furthest away from the fight as possible. Not only that, you must make sure that when players are spawned, they are never in the path of any enemy, nor will they get killed within the first 30 seconds.

The best thing you can do is give players a spawn protection so they don't get spawn/revenge-killed so easily and have a fair chance to be able to fight back and actually kill the encountered enemy. To be perfectly honest, I miss MW2's Painkiller deathstreak.

Level 3

in reply to EvErLoyaLEagLE

EvErLoyaLEagLE wrote:

What needs to be done is to create additional spawn points that will put us the furthest away from the fight as possible. Not only that, you must make sure that when players are spawned, they are never in the path of any enemy, nor will they get killed within the first 30 seconds.

Spawning as far away from the action is a big mistake, in my opinion. Just spawn us inside buildings or around corners out of the line of sight of snipers. And for God's sake, please stop spawning us out in the open.

As far as I'm concerned the spawns are making Ghosts nearly unplayable. I get spawn killed more times in a single match then I can count. It's worse then ever, in my experience. How is it the spawns are getting worse?? Are they not testing the spawns on their own at IW?? What "logic" is driving the so-called spawn logic? I'm not sure I can last until the next DLC at this rate. I don't get how people keep defending this game. I've played better betas. I'm sticking it - so far - in hopes of seeing some improvements soon and because I've been a fan of COD since COD2. Please IW, do something different. Whatever you're doing to the spawns isn't helping anyone...so far.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

I've commented in here before about spawning inside of buildings. Sometimes you will spawn just outside a building, in an enemy's line of sight, when the game COULD/SHOULD have spawned you inside the building so you'll have been out of danger.

I've no problem with the game spawning me away from enemy players. Having to run for a few seconds doesn't bother me. And I'd rather that than spawn>take 2 steps>die.

The spawn system in this game is definitely the worst in any COD I've played. It was quite bad in BO2 but I put that down to the small map size. On the big maps in this game there is no excuse.

I played on Stone Haven yesterday and I got spawned about 5 times inside the castle when there were players on the other team just outside so you couldn't move at all. 2 of my team were camping in the castle so it would appear the game was just spawning me near team mates without taking into account where enemy players were.

On Whiteout yesterday I spawned, went into a building and got killed by a bloody dog!

If you go back to a game like MW2 you get better spawning on the small maps in that game than you do on the biggest maps in this game.

I do like this game but the spawn system in totally sucking enjoyment out of the game.

Level 30

in reply to teanah

I am not going to waste my time describing spawns on each map but suffice it to say some are better like Stonehaven (which had the worst) but some are not. And I think you need to go to player selectable spawn points (which cannot be in the line of sight from one another with a minimum distance separating them) to eliminate the spawn trapping. In fact it would have been far more productive to spend time creating player selectable spawns than selectable uniforms.

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

Totally and completely agree

Level 1

in reply to teanah

1. Kill Confirmed

2. Ignition

3. Full Lobby

4. Xbox360

This time I spawned with an enemy no more then 10 feet away with knife in hand and killing me. SERIOUSLY???

This is by far THE worst spawning I've EVER seen in any COD ever before!!!!!!!!!!

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to teanah

I believe we can all agree that there is a lot of work to be done on every single map, but I'll point out this one particular situation that happened on the xbox 360.

I was playing Kill Confirmed on Ignition. It was a full lobby. Me and a couple of my teammates were flushing out campers in the building where it had the stairs. Apparently, there was a spawn point in there because as soon as I killed someone in there, someone on the enemy team just appears right in front of me, and they kept spawning there for a good while (3+ times) until I got overwhelmed and killed. In these type of game modes, if someone on one team is occupying a particular spawn, spawn the enemy somewhere else that's safe so they won't have the chance to shoot their killer in the back automatically and/or die as soon as they spawn.

Also, I know this question is off topic, but what's going on with the dedicated servers for the 360?

Level 8

in reply to Ovrlord

Ovrlord wrote:

Also, I know this question is off topic, but what's going on with the dedicated servers for the 360?

I heard the "hybrid" servers for XBox360 are going online in March. Not sure if that's an accurate time frame, but the sooner the better. Unfortunately, who knows how often one gets to play on an actual dedicated server, since the "hybrid" servers put you on either a regular P2P/listening server OR a dedicated server. Hopefully, more dedicated servers will be going online for current gen over time. Who knows. It will sure help with gameplay.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

I'd be very surprised if last gen get dedicated servers at all. We were told we'd get them and 4 months after launch we still haven't got them. I won't get my hopes up.

Level 30

in reply to Ovrlord

Ovrlord wrote:

I believe we can all agree that there is a lot of work to be done on every single map, but I'll point out this one particular situation that happened on the xbox 360.

I was playing Kill Confirmed on Ignition. It was a full lobby. Me and a couple of my teammates were flushing out campers in the building where it had the stairs. Apparently, there was a spawn point in there because as soon as I killed someone in there, someone on the enemy team just appears right in front of me, and they kept spawning there for a good while (3+ times) until I got overwhelmed and killed. In these type of game modes, if someone on one team is occupying a particular spawn, spawn the enemy somewhere else that's safe so they won't have the chance to shoot their killer in the back automatically and/or die as soon as they spawn.

This happens a lot in Ghosts, you kill a guy or 2 and the game keeps spawning the enemy right in your vicinity, aggravating to say the least

Level 17

Studios