What info would you like at Gamescon for Ghosts?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

What info would you like at Gamescon for Ghosts?

I want info on Hardcore. What modes we'll get, if the spawn timer is back, will we FINALLY get a HC playlist for any DLC?

I'm also hoping they show one of the proper dynamic maps like Free Fall. Or at least show another map.

Maybe some info about match making/connectivity and if they've done anything to fix problems.

Dedicated servers! That'd be nice.

Level 30
25 REPLIES

Re: What info would you like at Gamescon for Ghosts?

in reply to biron_w

Dedicated servers would be amazing lol That's basically the biggest thing I want to hear about. Then some clarification on perks and stuff. And some more maps would be nice, hopefully to be able to get a better feel of how they're setting these maps up because they seem a lot better than the past few games' maps so far

Level 18

in reply to biron_w

- Connectivity/Matchmaking - Possibly Dedicated Servers or XBOX Live Cloud info?

- Show us the other new game modes introduced for COD Ghosts

- Allow players attending the event to get access to more perks/killstreaks/weapons etc

- Show some more dynamic maps - possibly Freefall?

I remember they showed a ton of footage for BO2 multiplayer at Gamescom. Hopefully they'll be bring in pro players to compete against each other and Mark Rubin & Teanah would be able do a Q&A during the event.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

- Connectivity/Matchmaking - Possibly Dedicated Servers or XBOX Live Cloud info?

- Introduce the other new game modes introduced for COD Ghosts

- Allow players attending the event to get access to more perks/killstreaks/weapons etc

- Showcase some more dynamic maps - possibly Freefall?

I remember they showed a ton of footage for BO2 multiplayer at Gamescom. Hopefully they'll be bring in pro players to compete against each other and Mark Rubin & Teanah would be able do a Q&A during the event.

There's a part of me that suspects that there will be dedicated servers for Xbox One. From Microsoft's perspective, they could really capture a good chunk of the market share of COD players who want next gen, so I could see them letting Infinity Ward use them for dirt cheap/free.

From what I've gathered, the servers Microsoft has had for Xbox Live (15,000 I think?) was sufficient for online play for 40 million players +. Now that they have 300,000 and invested a *paltry* $10 billion into it, I think we'll see some pretty neat stuff.

Sony just doesn't have the capital to invest in that kind of infrastructure. I suspect their cloud is more of a posturing/game streaming service than anything like Microsoft is doing. From what I've seen they only have 9000 servers.

Level 8

in reply to Submit2MyWill

If they only provide servers for X1 then they'll p*ss off the vast majority of their player base.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

My List

• I want to see LMG's with kick (recoil)
  • I want to see walls not being penetrated through like they're paper w/o fmj
  • I want to see weak pistols and no submachine gun secondaries without overkill (auto pistols)
  • I want to see a full game of TDM w/o revenge spawns
Level 6

in reply to biron_w

MW2 formula friendly fire.

S&D ricochet, HCTDM teamkill timer/kill self

Level 2

in reply to littleblackdeat

Ricochet is horrible. 3 teamkill kick for hardcore is way better, but they do need the spawn delay back for hardcore

Level 6

in reply to DirtyCallahan

The spawn AT-4/SMAW/RPG is why I prefer ricochet though.

Level 2

in reply to littleblackdeat

i can see that, but ricochet is way easier to troll people then 3arcs way of doing hardcore.

Level 6

Studios