What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Level 1
145 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: What should be done about people who rage quite or dashboard?

in reply to fletch796

Nothing.

Well... that was easy.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I liked the direction that 3arch went with, at least as far as making an attempt to create a penalty system above just a loss.

Let's face it, a high percentage of quiters are people trying to save their precious K/D.  I say for every quit or DB, the player gets a 100 deaths added to their stats.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

otisman666 wrote:

I liked the direction that 3arch went with, at least as far as making an attempt to create a penalty system above just a loss.

Let's face it, a high percentage of quiters are people trying to save their precious K/D.  I say for every quit or DB, the player gets a 100 deaths added to their stats.

For me... a simple statistic that shows completion percentage is enough

I cannot stand the probation crap in B02.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I agree with you. People getting probation for freezes, leaving because of sound anomalies and a others reasons. Is ridiculous. It was a decent attempt. Though not being on dedis, doesn't warrant probation. Not providing  a consistently, decent running product, with performance enhancements coming down the pipeline at somewhat regular interval..doesn't deserve a punishment system. I quit regularly and it didn't deter me from playing. Or not. I'm not a child and no lesson will learned.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

If you admit to regularly starting something that you don't follow through to the end, then I disagree - you are a child.

Penalties for quitting - 10 minutes out of ALL ONLINE GAME ACTIVITIES. Then, if they quit, they will have to dashboard or sit and wait. I mean, no class creation, no emblem design, nothing for 10 minutes.

CoD is supposed to be a game for adult men. Adult men finish what they start.

Level 1

in reply to PrfssnlKllr

PrfssnlKllr wrote:

CoD is supposed to be a game for adult men.

Maybe you should explain that to the COD developers.

Im not sure they got that memo.

Level 28

in reply to PrfssnlKllr

Sorry but your wrong on that. CoD is for anyone and everyone not just adults and not just men. For women play this game as well. By you trying to claim it is just for adult MEN proves what sort of person you are...

And adults don't always finish something when they know it is not going to succeed. It is called being smart. Look at any business that goes under.. are you going to call the people that decided to shut it down not adults because of deciding the business venture was not working out well enough and they decided to quit before it gets worse? If so you are the child and have no real idea what being an adult is about.

Being an adult is knowing you have choices and the right to those choices and not just blindly following the rules because some other person wants you too. You must be one of the sheeple of this world if you truly think that way.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I do like what you say here in principal, however this does not apply everywhere.

Can you imagine what would happen if during a professional sports game a team is losing by a huge margin and the coach throws in the towel saying: "Well we are beat and we cannot come back so I quit"

- COD is not a profession for most, this is true (I laugh when people talk about being "pro players" while they are not getting paid).

- Everyone has the right to play. Even what has been term the "Casual Players"

- I can fully understand leaving when one is setup to lose (lag, a full team of trolls or non-players)

- etc...

... but people often play to be competitive (even if not 100% serious). To leave a game just because one is not going to succeed is a bit lame (sorry if that generalizes too much)

Activision Ambassador

I am not saying it is ok to do. Just there is nothing the devs can do about it. No punishment or change will ever slow it down by any large margin at all. All attempts to fix will only be minor in effect and placebo fix's where it really does not solve the problem at all.

Level 70

Studios