Which Maps are your Kryptonite?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Which Maps are your Kryptonite?

in reply to Sannji

I like camping the far right side of the map. There's a couple vantage points that I like to rotate and it give me nice long lines of sight. The issue is, and as I said above, once I die I'm often placed in a spot that doesn't give me a good chance to back there. Because of my playstyle I like to use MRs on Sovereign and MRs don't make very useful weapons for chaotic middle of the map battles.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I use a honeybadger with semi auto attachment lol so if I can do it with that, you can use an MR. The secret is to anticipate which side the enemy is coming from. If you use an MR, stay in that small room in the diagram I labeled. You can look out and shoot people coming from the right side or under you. If it's quiet, that means theyre behind you. Lay an IED behind you as protection.If you want to check other side, jump down and take the hallway underneath to the otherside. It's a straight hallway so you can anticipate an enemy coming. After you kill whoever is there, take the stairs back up and repeat. Easy.

Level 7

in reply to Sannji

Sannji, how do you get a screen cap (if you are using xbox 360)?  Great post btw. 

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to jmd11jamis

google lol

Level 7

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Nice twist on a usually negative topic, "most hated map". In Ghosts, I'll call it my least favorite instead.

I play Core TDM most of the time and it would have to be Freight. I have done very well at times on this map, but I don't have a "go to" strategy like most of the other maps. I'm not at all a fan of window views or higher elevation spots that some players love. So I usually stay to the alleys and tracks. I hate to say it, but its one of those maps I try to flank and surprise the enemy when they turn out of the spawn. I'm still working on how I need to adjust.

I know you prefer HC, after this weeks clan war I played HC exclusively and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did find the difference between some maps in the two modes to be completely polar opposites for me. While in Core, Stonehaven and Siege are my all time favorites, and in HC they are my least favorite. Granted, it all comes down to my patience at the time.

I remember a "camping/sniping" on Stonehaven statement we threw back and forth a while back. I completely see where you were coming from. Players tend to not move out of fear of being sniped.

There were a couple "dig in" snipers I played with and against for a while that gave new meaning to the term camping for me. I shouldn't use the word camping, maybe more like........ not moving......at all. But they played their game, stayed positive, and helped the team. Also pointed out all the best hiding spots for my future reference.

images-1.jpeg

Level 75

photo 22_zpsffb0c24b.jpg

Level 7

in reply to Sannji

Bottom middle building that's blue is where I camp. I have 4 completely different spots in just that are that allow me vantage points to the big ship, hill, and cave. Thanks to my rotating pattern enemy players can never get a good look at me before I take their face off. I also have a couple tricks to taking over the mill but the spawns on that side of the map leave me vulnerable from behind more than I like. The thing about camping is that you have to keep in unpredictable. I think that's why people hate it so much. A smart camper will camp where you least expect it. Even when you think you've seen it all they surprise you and that would piss anyone off. 

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

For me that side of the map doesn't get enough action, most people who spawn by helicopter run to the other side.

The mill house is in the center where the action is, but yes you need to watch your back. That's why I pack IEDs and motion sensors.

Level 7

in reply to Sannji

On Whiteout, I actually have better luck hanging around the ice cave, shooting towards the saw mill (the area you circled in red.)  If the enemy is camping the ice cave, tossing a couple frags or thermobarics towards the ice cave usually yields a few kills per game.

Level 3

1. Siege - I used to avoid this map like the plague.  It wasn't until I forced myself to play it multiple times over that I figured out how to move around.  I was sticking to the East side of the map, running through the mine shaft and the buildings on that side.  There were too many points that I'd end up in the open and get picked off.  I also was convinced that I'd do best with a mid-range assault (Remington/ AK-12).  Fix for me: use MTAR-X or K7 and run the West side through the buildings and keep the gameplay close quarters.

2. Stormfront: I don't do bad in this map, I just find it too big and separated for my game play style.  I always end up on the side that no one else is on.  Like you I tend to move a lot tactically, can't do the camping for more than 10 or 15 seconds.  I end up scoring low every time I play. 

I actually have some good data on my gameplay from a record of now more than 200 matches that calculates my score/minute for each map (along with lots of other good stats - check out my last discussion topic).  One of the maps that I really enjoy playing (stonehaven), I get a very low score/minute.  Siege (one I don't enjoy), I tend to gain a higher score/minute. 

Level 1

Studios