Which Maps are your Kryptonite?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Which Maps are your Kryptonite?

in reply to jmd11jamis

Siege took me a LONG time to figure out. The first several times I played it I was just plain frustrated. Now that I know the flanking routes and cover, however, it has become one of my strongest maps. My only issue with it is the sheer size... which still sometimes causes low-scoring matches for me.

Stormfront is kind of a love/hate with me. It really has a lot of  camper/friendly areas (Ever caught some sad soul crouching or laying in the grassy corner of the Library?).  As you pointed out as well, it is large so traversing it can be a pain in the neck. I have had a lot of success on it, however and have become pretty good at making my way around the map. If your team is too spread out, however... the spawns can be quite inconvenient.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

For me, it would be Tremor, unless I am camping the stairs near the highest roof.  For some reason, my eyes have a hard time picking out enemies on that map!  Siege is another tough one, unless I camp the rafters in the mine.  I get pretty bored sitting in one spot, so the camping usually doesn't last long.

In BO2 it was Turbine.  Haaated that map.  (Probably because I sucked at it...LOL!)

In MW3 it was Arkaden and Underground.

In BO it was Havana.

In MW2 it was Derail, Underpass, Wasteland...and probably a few others because it was my first COD game and I really sucked.

Level 3

in reply to jennral

Tremor definitely has a lot going on, hard to pick folks out at times. I have been fortunate to have success on that map moving around, I think it is just a factor of figuring out my routes and where people like to camp.

Siege is a challenge for a lot of players, I think. There are long sight lines, but because of the clutter it can be tough for Snipers. There are good flanking routes, but they are winding and confusing so it can be tough for rushers. I have been enjoying Siege lately for this very reason. Matches tend to be slower but part of the fun for me is figuring out what strategy is going to be effective against each enemy team.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I never really camped much on Tremor, but did the last couple of days out of sheer frustration.  I just have never gotten a good feel for that one.

Yes, Seige seems like it would be a great sniping map, but I do poorly when I try.  (Unless it is in the rafters in the mine...lol!) 

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to jennral

I do best in Tremor with this loadout, give it a shot.

Primary: MTAR-X, rapid fire, foregrip

No secondary

No Tact/Lethal

Perks: Focus, Agility, Sleight of Hand, Quick Draw...and something else I think...maybe the one that makes your footsteps quiet.

Weave in and out of the buildings being sure to not expose yourself to long range.

Level 1

in reply to jennral

MW2 Arkaden, loved it.  I was probably the guy that made you hate it.  I'd have to say of all of the games, I think MW3 had the best maps though.

Level 1

In Ghosts it's Strikezone & Free Fall. They're too small for this game were lag comp & hit detection are usually spot on. So you are forced to get within spitting distance in a game were you die faster than you blink.

In BO2 it was all the maps except Turbine. All but that map were small to small-medium, 3-lane, shitty spawn. easy spawn trapped pieces of shit! Turbine was the only map were you could spawn somewhat safely.

MW3 was Dome & Interchange. First was horrid for S&D if you were the planters. Interchange was just designed by a drunk.

BO1 was Nuketown & Jungle. Those maps catered to bitch players.

MW2 I loved all maps. They all had their bad moments by I overall enjoyed.

WaW I never played because WW2 games have been done so much they bore me.

COD4 I loved all maps same with MW2.

They need to ultimate map pack COD4 & MW2 for Ghosts. They can have my money for that.

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

I have yet to play Free Fall live on Ghosts... I don't play the Mosh Pit so that is to be expected. I expect it to be a mess, however, when it gets into rotation as it tends to be so on Squads.

Strike Zone I haven't had an issue with. I play mostly HC but played quite a bit of Core this past weekend trying to work on an operation and didn't really have issues with it.

If you aren't using a gaming monitor, I recommend trying it. The difference is remarkable. Besides the occasional bad lobby here and there, I rarely have lag issues anymore.

Activision Ambassador

Octane I do very well, all because of a nice place called PINKIEEZ

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I LOL'ed so much when I first played that map.  There is a 'pasty' bar here in Salt Lake City named "Pinky's".

Level 8

Studios