Why are the Onslaught maps still not in the standard playlists?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Why are the Onslaught maps still not in the standard playlists?

in reply to FalconR6

People who only buy DLC say 1 and 3 have always gotten screwed over in matchmaking so that wouldn't be anything new.  If you are going to buy DLC, it makes the most sense to get them all or the first few in sequence.

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

I totally agree with that. My point was with the low pop numbers on the X1 there is very little wriggle room. Just putting onslaught into regular rotation is going to cause big dramas for matchmaking.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

Yep watch the playlist numbers dwindle even further becasue of the spawn/lag/lopsided teams/dashboarding to get out of map not liked.

Level 70

in reply to gambit1969

Solution a stand alone playlist that has all the same game options as the regular playlist. my only beef with the DLC is that it is only available as a moshpit.

Level 24

in reply to gambit1969

gambit1969 wrote:

I think they were caught between a rock and a hard place on this one,

Option 1.  A stand alone playlist, and get some complaints because the maps are not in the rotation.

Option 2. Put in the regular rotation and risk causing even more matchmaking problems, and gets tons of complaints and messages from people looking to disable the DLC maps.

I reckon they looked at season pass sales spread over the 4 consoles and knew from those that putting them into the normal rotation was the lesser of two evils

I'm sure that is why... but that just tells me they really haven't paid attention.

Playlist fracturing has been a real issue since MW3 with DLC. When you combine console fracturing, it gets worse. They obviously considered the console transition with the SP... but gave ZERO thought to actually being able to play the maps.

They should have changed their DLC business model.

1. DLC revenue could have come from micro-transactions.
  2. The SP would have covered all micro-transactions.
  3. Maps would have been mandatory and free.

It's too late for this, however.

As a customer who bought a version of the game with the SP and had a reasonable expectation the maps would be in the standard playlist in the same fashion as they have been since COD2...

... the continued silence is not acceptable.

I will not buy a copy with a season pass... or the season pass at all... unless ATVI clearly states their plans for map DLC for that title.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Let the buyer beware.. or else get screwed over.

Level 70

in reply to gambit1969

Whenever I play in the regular playlists, I see tonnes of people using the Maverick and the Ripper so I don't think it would cause matchmaking issues.

They should have just done it like Black Ops 2 did.  Have a separate playlist for the newest DLC and also add the maps into standard rotation right away.  If people want to disable the DLC maps, they can just move the DLC file onto a USB and unplug the USB.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

I refuse to play DLC only maps. I get maps to diversity the map pool, not to play them exclusively and get bored of them just as quickly as the OG maps.

Level 61

in reply to RAN Kismet

Reports of onslaught maps now available on normal playlist on steam. No visual proof unless more has discovered this. Proof from an individual Twitter / Cyber_Ninja_187: @charlieINTEL @DW247 ICYMI ...

Level 3

in reply to Heartstoppers

Saw those tweets as well about an hour ago. They must have done it when they turned on 2xXP.

It only took 59 days.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios