Why did the snipers get patched to statistical uselessness?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Why did the snipers get patched to statistical uselessness?

I am a sniper lover though I do use ARs and SMGs more than anything only because the snipers get so much dev hate. When you patch my favorite weapon class over and over solely because people don't understand whats happening that's a problem. But the cause of all the confusion are two things: Confirmation Bias and Inaccurate Killcams. I want to know why the devs use a mislead community backlash to fuel a serious of patches to destroy the sniper class?
     In each cod cycle the snipers get patched 3-5 times. I want to snipe and not get punished for doing going well, but this makes me feel like your specifically targeting a minority (I.E. The Sniper Community) for the flood of new players whom are sour they were countered and cant look at an accurate kill cam to show them they were legitimately quickscoped, pop shot, drag scoped, or even trick shot. These things take an extremely long time to master and now we get patches from the devs for our loyalty since the good old days when sniping was amazing. I've played each CoD yet each time the snipers get worse and worse...
Now i can get destroyed by an extremely low recoil LMG across the map so why try?

Level 1
26 REPLIES

Re: Why did the snipers get patched to statistical uselessness?

in reply to Caseyg1317

Dude... the snipers aren't getting worse with each CoD. BO2 is the best CoD ever for snipers. MW2 snipers were on easy mode. Black Ops decided to make them normal. MW3 brought them back to easy status and BO2 took them to a whole new level of easy. I would hardly call snipers the minority in BO2. Lobbies are at least 50% snipers every since match. Just because IW decided not to make them cake to use in Ghosts doesn't mean they haven't properly balanced them.

I've been straight up owned by a few snipers in Ghosts. They are still useful in the hands of a truly skilled sniper.

Level 18

in reply to BornPatriot

I think most of the patches have been done to prevent quickscoping.  As far as I know, the snipers are as good as they've ever been when it comes to their long range capability.  After all, that is what they are in the game for.  The devs limiting the short range capability of the sniper shouldn't bother you if you are using the sniper for long range. 

Level 16

in reply to LVLikeG

Call of duty is too fast paced to sit back and snipe like its arma 3. Therefor if you want to do something you have to snipe on the aggressive side of things.

Level 1

in reply to Caseyg1317

So are you saying that your problem with the snipers is that you can't use them in at close range?  They aren't put into the game to be used at close range.  The shotguns and sub machine guns are supposed to be the best weapons at close range.  There are plenty of maps (especially in Ghosts) where you can sit back and snipe.  Not to mention that the snipers in this game aren't hard to quickscope with anyway.

Level 16

in reply to LVLikeG

No im saying that they keep making the weapons useless unless i camp. I want to be able to use any weapon any way i want but when they start making patches to harm the things that i need to use to succeed as a sniper i call bs.

Level 1

in reply to Caseyg1317

"I want to be able to use any weapon I want any way I want."  That is the problem.  The game is not made to be catered to what you want to do. You can use any weapon you want any way you want, but you have to realize that you will be at a disadvantage at certain ranges.  If you want to use a sniper, then you will be at a disadvantage to other guns at close and medium range.  That is how it should be.  It should not be easy to run around quickscoping because then everyone would do it.  As I said earlier, you can still quickscope in this game, but don't get mad if you get beat by other weapon classes. 

Level 16

in reply to BornPatriot

You dont get it they are treating the snipers so unfairly. You cant reload cancel the bolt actions they made the silencer useless and chromelined is getting to be a must for consistent one hit kills, the ads and the sprint in and out time have been increased to the point where its so impossible for a noob to use them they instantly call "hacks" and IW patches them even more. I've been sniping for a while and I know this skill takes a lot of time and practice so why do they want to "patch" quickscoping which isnt a glitch. Its using the ads mechanic to snipe more aggressively. Now in bo2 the sniping was great because they weren't bad guns but the maps were easy to manipulate and do well with in the first place so doing it with a sniper just takes practice. And the snipers in older games were getting on the powerful side but not op. The games simple mechanics allowed them to be easily abused. But now they patch them so disproportionately to the regular weapons hat its not fair.

Level 1

in reply to Caseyg1317

They aren't being treated unfairly. IW listened to the community and nerfed quick scoping to balance the game. Snipers now require actual skill to use. They aren't easy mode anymore. Stop crying about it and get better. I can still get a good game with a sniper. I don't understand why you are whining so much about it. They are still useable.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to Caseyg1317

^ People like the OP ruined Black Ops 2 for me to be honest. If the snipers are being treated unfairly, then I guess the shotguns must have been treated unfairly for a long time then. After all, it was okay for snipers to be able to have better close quarters ability, but the shotguns can't do anything at extended ranges. How dare they patch the weapon class so that it can be used the way it was intended to be used. -_-

Level 8

Studios