Why did the snipers get patched to statistical uselessness?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Why did the snipers get patched to statistical uselessness?

in reply to Caseyg1317

You have not been able to reload cancel the bolt action in years. And you are not supposed to be able to reload cancel any weapon. It only works because the animation allows it and the animation has no been changed since mw1. So that reason is not valid.

Silencer useless? What do you mean by that? In what way is it useless?

Chromelined is is not a must. I have never used the chromelined attachment on a sniper rifle in this game and I do great sniping without it.

The ADS and sprint in and out time has been increased to the point where people are calling it a hack? This does not make sense at all. If the ads and sprint in and out time has been increased why would people say its a hack? If someone where to call it a hack it would be because the ads and sprint in and out time is very short not very long.

Snipers in bo2 we're not great. They were very unbalanced and overpowered. There was no way at all to counter them. And anyone who knows me, will know that I never call a weapon overpowered. But in bo2 the snipers mostly the dsr was overpowered.

Level 30
Highlighted

in reply to BornPatriot

Name me a hard weapon to use in the whole of COD.  I can only think of the Valkyrie Rockets in BO1.  BO2 maps made sniping pointless and if you had a good secondary you sacrifice a launcher for it and the best pistols get nerfed anyway.  You were best off with the FAL anyway.

Level 31

in reply to Caseyg1317

You don't want to snipe. You want to quickscope, which should have been removed from the franchise a long time ago especially for what was happening in Black Ops 2. All you need to do is use the sniper rifle in the way it was intended to be used instead of running into close quarters with them and you'll do fine. I see a lot of people do well with them on Stonehaven. Your inability to kill people across the map is your problem.

Level 8

in reply to Ovrlord

I can snipe very well but call of duty is too fast paced to sit back and twidle my thumbs if i want to contribute i have to get aggressive. Quickscoping IS NOT A GLITCH NOR A BROKEN GAME MECHANIC. It uses the ads mechanic and sheer aim to put accurate shots out very quickly which can be used in a close quaters situation but is ideally used in mid ranged combat. Its not aim assist (because one snipers have none unless fully ads and two your never in sight for long enough to make any real adjustments. Your having a confirmation bias saying "Its op and happens all the time." Quickscoping is geting popular but its not op and most who try dont get what their trying to do entirely. They think there's some secret or glitch but its only skill behind the tactic.

Level 1

in reply to Caseyg1317

You're getting all defensive about quickscoping when I didn't say anything about it being a glitch, a broken game mechanic, or it being overpowered. How are you going to tell me what my bias is if I didn't say anything concerning what you just described? You're complaining about snipers being useless and you're the one who wants to be "aggressive" with it? And you want to point the finger at the devs because you're dying because of it? The only one who has been patched to statistical uselessness was you because your behavior with the weapon class gets you killed and you want to blame everyone except yourself.

Level 8

in reply to Caseyg1317

The real issue is between the chair and the controller.

If a lousy sniper like me can be successful with Sniper Rifles Consistently... Then I am sure they are just fine.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Caseyg1317

So what you're trying to say is you want them to make quickscoping easier so you can have a cheap one hit kill in CQC instead of using the sniper rifles as long range weapons.

Level 8

in reply to Caseyg1317

I wish they would add skill back to sniping. So tired of skilless, brainless children running around with a sniper dropping people with little thought. Snipers no longer have sway, they have super fast ADS times, and with Focus you can stand out in the wide-ass open taking damage but still lock on and hit their target with precision. Not to mention that you don't even have to be near your target to get the kill.

I would also like to point out the VKS has too much of a OHK potential for its purpose. A gun such as the VKS should actually have a range drop off that noticeable. It's damage multiplier should be much less and it should only be OHK in perfect circumstances. Right now the VKS gets far too many OHK for being silenced.

Level 75

in reply to Caseyg1317

You've watched a you tube video.  Can't recall who it was now, but he constantly claimed that everyone hated snipers because of 'confirmation bias' and 'inaccurate Killcams'.  Think it was 'Nine ...something'.

The part I laughed out loud on his video was when he started claiming that most of the nerfs were caused by non-snipers, who because they don't snipe their opinions are clearly biased.  He however then goes on to present his apparantly unbiased viewpoint, which given he's a quickscoping youtube hero, he's clearly impartial on the whole thing.....

The reality is, if something gets close to me and they have a SMG and I have a sniper, unless they mess up I should not be able to kill them, unless I get a freak no-scope or something.  Ghosts gun balance and gun type vs Gun type balance is very good.

Level 16

in reply to admunday

Agreed, I've had this game for months and only recently started MP but before then I've literally spent days in local squads practicing with the sniper rifles and going into MP I do rather well with the Maverick-A2 (favorite) and honestly my class only consists of the Maverick while the rest of it is just perks focused on speed and accuracy.

Level 3

Studios