Win by a lot, lose by a lot

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

Win by a lot, lose by a lot

Less and less matches are going down to the wire. I've dabbled in a couple matches today and all of them have been losses where my team barely hit the half the points needed to win while the other team piled on the airsupport. We staged a comeback but only after the bottom two players on our team quit and the enemy lost their cannon fodder.

I don't play nearly as much as a used too, maybe a few matches a couple times a week and I have to say, between this and lack of friends who play the game, I'm finding little incentive to play for extended periods of time.

Level 75
41 REPLIES

Re: Win by a lot, lose by a lot

in reply to Ghamorra

Ever since I started playing on the One about a month ago, I noticed the same thing. I was convinced by others it had to do with the small population of players making matchmaking lopsided.

Very Lopsided Games and Newbies

What console you playing on?

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

Ever since I started playing on the One about a month ago, I noticed the same thing. I was convinced by others it had to do with the small population of players making matchmaking lopsided.

Very Lopsided Games and Newbies

What console you playing on?

I play on the PS4

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Yes, I've absolutely noticed this on the X1

I think there are a couple of reason.

Population numbers are low meaning that you are more likely to some up against clans. Or if lucky - with . What I mean is matchmaking criteria can only produce "fairer" lobbies if there are more players to choose from.

More clans/parties full stop. Clan wars has been a great initiative in Ghosts. The flip side is that lone wolves have a tougher time of it. A team that can communicate and cooperate have a great advantage, especially in objective modes.

Credit to IW - a new hotfix giving pointscore (killstreaks) for objective play does now give folks greater incentive to jump on those flags.

However, you can't stop human nature. Little story. I played a game of domination tonight. Worked me ass off getting caps. The opposition where working very well. End score of about 200 - 125. Unusual, no. But having two "clan" members on your team who both had K/Ds of 50-30,, 40-20 --> alas neither one had a capture. They just ran around getting kills. Never turning to defend a flag, or jump on one being capped by myself. Having a slayer on your team can be a good thing to quell enemy scoretreaks. However it is easy to tell when they are just being selfish.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Ghamorra

In some ways I feel fortunate as most of the games I've played have been close to the wire wether win or lose, there are have been some when one team has had the more benifical side and no matter what the outcome I've always stayed for a few matches just to see if the tide's can be turned. As FalconR6 as already pointed out it does depend on the teamates you're put with, if you're on xbox and ever need someone to party up with PM and I'll add you - my KD's not fantastic as I'm a total objective player and tend to die a lot playing the objective

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Ghamorra

I only play HC Dom, on the ps4. For the first few months I was surprised how many matches were close, the losing side often scoring 180+.  As a solo player I get thrown into a lot of matches underway. A common theme now being I am thrown onto the side with barely 20 points, no flags, and players camping it out for kills. Fortunately we have spectate as an option and I refuse to join these matches. People not playing the objective has been an issue in most CoD games but is becoming a big theme in ghosts. Like you I have cut my time down a lot, and when the Elder Scrolls is released on ps4, I have a feeling I wont bother with ghosts at all.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

I have well over 200 hours in Dark Souls and I'm pretty much playing that exclusively. When ESO launches in June I'll be into that game a lot and before you know all these PS4 games that we announced way back when will finally be released. Call of Duty is already suffering huge hits to it's popularity with the few games that have been released, I forsee it getting gruesome.

Destiny looks like the open world online FPS that we've all dreamed of and many MMOs are figuring out how to bring their style of gaming to console so unless CoD can cook up something fantastic I don't see it reigning as the most success game much longer.

As for the OP, I don't get put into matches that are in progress much, what I do see though are several <5 kills >20 deaths players who can't even get a couple objective locked down. My guess is that people who bought the PS4 don't have many games to play and pick up Call of Duty because it's the one of eight big titles out right now.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Destiny looks like the open world online FPS that we've all dreamed of and many MMOs are figuring out how to bring their style of gaming to console so unless CoD can cook up something fantastic I don't see it reigning as the most success game much longer.

Well according to you gun on gun was what everyone wanted. So this game is gun on gun. Based on that premise what do you expect them to do without changing the gun on gun aspect?

Level 12

in reply to rainmaker6

From what I've seen Destiny is basically CoD put into an MMORPG format. Four those who are really into FPS Destiny might be all they could want in a game. Not all the information on it has been released but from the gameplay I've seen and articles I've read Destiny is the most expansive game ever put together yet runs on a solid 60fps and all the other things that CoD players love about it's mechanics. Granted it's made by Halo's studio, but it still has a lot of CoD feels.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

COD has never been MMORPG so that doesn't explain the drop in the player base.

Level 12

Studios