Win by a lot, lose by a lot

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Win by a lot, lose by a lot

in reply to Ghamorra

understood... my wife wanted to spend some time with her after awhile, so I got off.

(see what I did there?)

Activision Ambassador

Hey now, there are children around

Level 75

yeah ... cool bruh ... i been gettin off cuz uh the wife 4 a wile 2.

an tokin on doobies after that!!!

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

ima catching your flavuh

(Snoop makes me laugh)

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to nuttin2say

nuttin2say wrote:

yeah ... cool bruh ... i been gettin off cuz uh the wife 4 a wile 2.

an tokin on doobies after that!!!

say what?

drugs animated GIF

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

your effin wit me dood. the mo fo's soot strips are all movin and stuff

Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

Because its a gif...

Level 38

in reply to Izjar11

Too right Iz, alot has changed from first month noobs to the experienced players we are seeing today.

That transition period from BO2 is hard for everyone and not just map knowledge but the fine tuning of accuracy and perk/attachment/weapon usage.

Also correct about the v.good players coming out during clan wars.

Geez they really go hard and don't mess around.

If your solo or even in a party of not-so-committed players your pretty much doomed unless the randoms that get thrown in with you are also v.good.

It really makes people see the holes in their game and rethink just how good they actually are.

Level 38

in reply to Ghamorra

rlbl , that was EXACTLY what I was saying.

I understand what you are saying Warlord, but that argument makes a mountain out of a molehill: it doesn't fly. What you're post implied was that the game either magically or purposely, creates an environment that balances results. I mean, you said, essentially, that half the time the game lags and half the time it does not. Further, you claimed that the lag begin after you have been on a considerable win streak. You intimated that the lag remains until you've lost about, not exactly, but about, as many games as you had won. Other than saying it outright, there is no clearer way for someone to say, "The game purposely makes me lose."

What players like myself and rlbl will come back out you with is that even if that were true, you till have to account for players that have better than a 1 to 1 kdr and better than a 50% wlr. I mean, once you claim the game is rigged to caused equal results for everyone (as rainmaker6 puts it, a game where "everyone is a winner" or my purple stars for everyone), there's not a lot of options out there in explaining how those above average players are getting above average results. Are they cheating via hacking so that lag does not affect them? Do they have copies of the game that have special code that exempts them from lag? Or maybe they've been secretly chosen by a secret COD committee to be winners and the code that exempts them from "something is not right" moments?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

I mean, if you have "above average" results, then you fall into the "Chosen Luminaries" category yourself. Do you feel "chosen?" What's the reward for being "Chosen?"

Of course that sounds ridiculous, perhaps even insulting. It should. You're dismissing their performance by dismissing claiming that the ONLY reasons you EVER perform below average is because of some unseen, hidden bully intent on making everyone feel good by giving everyone equal results. That's not even logically possible. Big Bad Corporation, member of the Greedy Capitalist Pig Society, is unfairly making the outcome of the game fair for everyone???

See, when you drop the "blame everyone but myself" mantra that much of the world has been taught to follow for the last fifty years, you can actually find logical explanations for a lot of things you encounter in a video game (and by extension, life, but I digress on that matter). It is not often, but stick around long enough and you're going to hear from jut about every forum vet out there the phrase "play through the lag."

It is not easy to do, I will grant that. When it happens, you have to focus upon the very basics of what is important and what is not. Is scoring the most kills important? Or is staying alive ... more ... important? Is running and gunning important? Or is scoring a kill ... more ... important? It's all relative to the situation. In the grand scheme of things, the community appreciates a good run and gun player more than it appreciates a good camper. But, at the end of the day, when everything comes down to either a win or a loss, which one is appreciated more? A "good" run and gunner who becomes the victim in the final kill cam? Or the camper that killed the guy dying in the final kill cam? See?

Those concept apply when you are in those "something is not right" matches. Personally, as I said before, I will generally play through a couple of those types of matches before deciding to find another lobby. However, I have to be brutally honest with myself - is the game really lagging? Or am I tired from staying up late or am I tired from working all day ... or do I just need to stop playing for a while after a several hours' run?

It isn't just the game that causes a bad performance. In fact, I'd say that 99.9% of the time that I have a bad run? It is because of something I did or did not do. It has nothing to do with the game. Again, that does not dismiss the fact that there are things I may not like about this game or other CODs when I play them. But those are tangents that do not affect the whole.

Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

I agree with most of that.

What you have to remember Warlord is that people are people, therefore they have the capacity to adapt.

If the opposition has any brains they would be creating classes to counter the most used classes your team is implementing for that game-mode.

Also take into account the millions of variables that is the Internet, players ping fluctuates constantly for most part.

However even if YOUR ping/connection is stable, the host or other players may not be.

I don't agree with the 99.9% bad run part, I know when I am playing bad or even say 10% worse and I also can tell when the connection is deteriorating. If my reflexes are off a bit I know and it's nothing to do with anything other than biology. (mostly cos I am pissed) The thing is an increase of lag on certain players affects the way you implement your strategy/abilities.

A catch 22 scenario ensues because you are trying to compensate for lagging players yet players who aren't lagging too badly require different timing, aiming etc so the compensation works against you when encountering these players.

EG: One guy is lagging bad so I have to adjust my aim/gun to properly combat him. I then run into a different, low lag player and if I use the same method then I will not be as successful against that player.

This creates confusion and doubt in how you are approaching the gameplay.

This throws your game out and a shitty experience occurs.

Level 38

Studios