Wishes for the fourth and final classic map?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Wishes for the fourth and final classic map?

Chances are IW has already decided which of their old maps will return in the Nemesis pack. But maybe not. In that case...

...if you could choose any map to be revived from CoD4, MW2 or MW3 that isn't Scrapyard, Dome or Favela, what would it be?

Although I would love Pipeline to return more than any other map, it is older and much larger than what CoD is used to these days. It probably wouldn't be too desired by the community at large. Therefore if I had to pick a very familiar map that everyone loved dearly, it would be Highrise.

As an added bit of fun, you guys should also suggest a unique field order for the returning map of your choice. For Highrise, I would suggest that a B-2 stealth bomber carpet bomb the entire rooftop, from crane side to helipad side. This would have two effects on top of just killing enemies. First, the bomber would destroy the crane, causing it to tilt and crash down onto the rooftop, showering the AC unit side of the map in a trap of steel and debris. This would make it so the lower pathways of the AC unit side are blocked off and players are unable to cross, and it would also render the top catwalk on Highrise inaccessible, as the crane is gone. Second, the bomber (as well as the steel shower from the crane) would destroy the helicopter and the helipad in an explosion of fire, smoke and metal, causing the helipad to destabilize, crumble and fall down, creating a large field of debris. It would render the hallways through and underneath the helipad inaccessible. As an ending result, on top of carpeting the map with an airstrike, obliterating players, this field order would essentially ensure that the only way to cross the map is to go down the wide-open center, effectively removing all other pathways (both sides' lower hallways [AC unit pathways and helipad hallways]) from the equation of gameplay. This would make for some interesting firefights, especially during Domination matches. If this idea is too hard to picture then I apologize.

Anyways, give it to me guys! Lemme know what you guys want. I'm curious.

Level 7
42 REPLIES

Re: Wishes for the fourth and final classic map?

in reply to dayoldtamales

My wishlist would be for them to turn ghosts in cod4 with better graphics, or just bring back shipment, but honestly i kinda miss the whole uav airstrike chopper, and honestly if they remade cod4 with next gen graphics i would def get it but i guess for now were headed to the future with halo jumping titanfall wall climbing and whatever else is next hopefully its now to far-fetched and turns out to be good, which is should i can honestly say i haven't played a bad cod (waw prob worst but still good) so i cant complain. Sorry just went way off topic, last mappack should be huge thou a couple new maps and a couple fan favorites from each cod, 2-3 new guns and killstreaks but thats prob to much to ask but i think they should go out with a bang

Level 1

in reply to oMgiTSKEouGh

CoD4 had it's fair share of problems including Stopping Power and x3 Frag.

Level 75

in reply to oMgiTSKEouGh

World at War is the best CoD to date to be totally honest with you.

Let us keep it on topic okay guys? The whole "we need nothing but new maps" argument is great and all, but not only has it been said time and time again, but we are pretty much guaranteed a fourth remake, if current trends are anything to learn from. If we are gonna get a remake, you might as well ask for one that you love. And throw in a field order idea!

I'm glad you mentioned Pipeline. Glad to see I'm not the only one who misses quality maps.

Level 7
Highlighted

Personally I want new maps. If IW were going to resell old maps I would not have bought the season pass. This is laziness on their part. All old maps should be free since there is virtually no work for them to release.

If they want to release a free old map I would prefer Overgrown, Bloc, Estate, Wasteland, Derail or Pipeline. It would be a reality check for those who endlessly spew that COD was always a fast paced arcade shooting when they complain about the sizes of original Ghosts maps.

Level 12

I want new maps, NOT ones i have already paid for in previous Cod's. Also the 3 map pack DLCs so far have catered more to the run and gunner with small to medium maps. Would it be too much to ask for at least one medium to large map for guys like myself who like to move around tatically, rather than constant in your face rushing?

Level 24

in reply to Thesandman11

You are missing the point of the thread. Again, let me explain so everyone can understand a little easier.

This is not a suggestion thread. This is purely a "for fun" thread for the purpose of sharing your opinions on what classic map you would want if they brought us a fourth. Since there will be a fourth classic map inevitably, there is no reason to argue and whine that you do not want one. There is no reason to try and tell everyone that we don't need one, because a fourth one is coming.

By the way, any map at all from Infinity Ward's last three titles would still blow away any map they could attempt to create today. The creators of today are not the creators of yesterday.

So again, since there will be a fourth one, and any attempt to change the developers' minds is absolutely futile, tell us. Which map would you want to return as the fourth if you had to choose, since one is coming no matter what?

Level 7

Nothing to do with missing the point. As this is an open thread you have to contend with differing opinions than your own. Seems you are in love with the "old". Why not just put in your old MW2 disc instead and play it instead?  Not everyone likes old reskinned maps, Deal with it!

Level 24

hey m8, to say NO to old maps, but YES to only NEW is also an option, if you like it or not! and when people say, they want new ones instead of old it's something you should respect too, AS, as you said, it became a trend to sell old maps and they do whatever happens in next DLC too, BUT, with threads like yours it doesn't help to avoid this trend many, me included, feel as a lazy a** work by IW AND simply feel the need to show that they DON'T want old ones by entering discussions like this here and want to make that point clear!

Level 6

in reply to L30NDR4G0N

You guys are slow in the head. Read this.

Since a remake is unavoidable and will be coming to Nemesis no matter what, this thread is for discussing which map you would want to return if you were given the choice of a remake. And I mean only given the choice of a remake, not a fourth map. It is a thread for fun and for exchanging nostalgic opinions on which classic map you think would most deserve to return. What is so hard about that? I respect your opinions to desire only new maps, but that isn't what this thread is about. And trust me, my thread is not affecting the trend at all. Because IW doesn't listen to the little man remember? Even if they did, they have the mental capacity to read and understand ideas before spewing forth their negative opinions. Literally almost every single one of you people in this community do absolutely nothing but b*tch and moan when the developers don't cater to your every single whim. You never have a positive thought to contribute, and you are completely incapable of basic reading comprehension. All it ever is around here is me, me, me. So many rude, self-centered people.

This thread is not about whether you want a remake or not. If it was, I would have asked "Hey guys, do you want a fourth remake in Nemesis or not?"

You don't want them. I heard you loud and clear. This thread is about which map would you most like to return since one is coming anyway. Would you rather decide the fourth remake, or let IW decide for you? Follow your usual trend and just pick one yourself for the spirit of the thread. Thanks.

Level 7

Studios