callofduty movie .. , should there be one made?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

callofduty movie .. , should there be one made?

hey just think about it.., they made amovie based on doom ,tomb raider,but why not a callofduty movie?

please vote should there be a #callofduty movie?

http://tolu.na/l/t3TYg27Gk

repost or share this post if u want..

derwinaugustus
Level 1
33 REPLIES

Re: callofduty movie .. , should there be one made?

in reply to raynelouisiana

No.

Level 16

Official? Wouldn't surprise me if they did, I think the general plan for campaign is that YOU are the hero , making it a personal but a social thing, So NO I don;t think they should:

On a off note, their are many good war movies -Here's a link to a thread made by a member here ,where we were listing our favourites (latest) http://community.callofduty.com/message/415271878#415271878

Level 23

I don't really think they should, but I guess it could work.  I think the back story on Ghost (the character) might make a pretty good movie.

Level 16

No.

Given how generic, tedious and down right stupid the storylines in the games are, any movie based on this franchise would likely be awful.

Level 16

depends on how it was made, if it was made gritty and realistic then yeah it would be good but if like the gi joe movie they made a hollywood big budget cheese fest then no, basically nobody that appeared in any of the 2 expendables movies and it would work, i dont know if you seen the charley sheen  movie navy seals that came out years ago but parts of that movie felt very realistic and thats how it should be made

Level 11

I think the original Black Ops story line would have made a good movie, but mostly a call of duty movie would just be a Micheal Bay type movie with a bunch of explosions and action that doesn't translate well to the screen. And Uwe Boll would probably end up doing it so it just would be weird as F!

Level 29

in reply to noluck07

huntingnoluck wrote:

I think the original Black Ops story line would have made a good movie, but mostly a call of duty movie would just be a Micheal Bay type movie with a bunch of explosions and action that doesn't translate well to the screen. And Uwe Boll would probably end up doing it so it just would be weird as F!

Dang it! huntingnoluck beat me to it. I was about to make an Uwe Boll joke. Anyways, Black Ops as a story is a great idea especially with the conspiracy... I don't think it would work out since CoD is FPS, haven't history taught us anything? Video Games and Movies just don't go along together... Especially FPS based movies... Far Cry, House of the Dead, Doom... Well, you get the idea... Peace out...

Level 34
Highlighted

I watched ROBOCOP (new version) just before , and I thought about Advance Warfare trailer,gameplay, It had Exo-Skeleton soldiers , fancy new-tech weapons ,drones so maybe a movie has already being considered? Alot of similarities!!!

Level 23

No disrespect to the op this just pops up too many jokes in my head and I have to share

1) will you need an app to watch it

2) will psn or xbl be down for maintenance during prime time

3) if the person who bought the ticket (host) leaves for restroom does everyone get kicked from theatre

4) will the movie finish at different time for those with glasses that have a slower refresh rate

5) will the run and gunners ever take a seat

6) will the campers ever leave their seat even after the movie is over

7) will all of the 12 years old that learned new cuss words sit together and say them over and over the whole movie

8) will people yell xbox record because they think someone in the movie cheated

this was done in fun no actual participants were harmed in the making of this tongue in cheek response

Level 75

Studios