change the k.d system

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

change the k.d system

i believe k.d should be restricted in the sense that k.d should only be visible when you apply to a clan and only to the clan leader i feel otherwise the game gets dumb because people try and inflate their stats so they have bragging rights in lobbies if we can not see everyones k.d and only when you apply to a clan the clan leader can see you're k.d i feel it would make the game a better experience with less people camping and spawn trapping

Level 4
24 REPLIES

Re: change the k.d system

in reply to kingofglitches

by camping i mean camping at the back of the map during a objective mode i do not mean camping in tdm

Level 4

We discussed this a few months ago, & yes many feel that the KD open to view in lobbies should be hidden ,as well as many other ideas on change of leaderboard system

Level 23

in reply to slyd0g55

Definitely.

KD is a major factor in causing camping and antisocial gaming.

Too much focus on it and it ruins games through competitiveness.

Level 38
Highlighted

Truth be told, if you believe doing that will lessen camping, you're wasting your time.

Level 8

in reply to Ovrlord

I don't completely agree with what the OP says but actually a KD focused game does encourage camping and slower playstyles.

Any player with common sense knows that passive playstyles that have low risk and high reward (camping/patrolling/ambushing) are the most effective and efficient means to increase KD and retain a high KD.

If someone is KD focused they want very little deaths as they know that even 1 death can halve their game KD and any more deaths after that exponentially decrease their ratio.

Therefore generally most KD focused players will utilise the passive playstyles more than riskier, faster playstyles that usually result in higher deaths - therefore a lower average ration.

To think that KD focused players will predominantly favour run n gunning or rushing is fantasy.

Level 38

in reply to Rexens_View

Rexens_View wrote:

I don't completely agree with what the OP says but actually a KD focused game does encourage camping and slower playstyles.

Any player with common sense knows that passive playstyles that have low risk and high reward (camping/patrolling/ambushing) are the most effective and efficient means to increase KD and retain a high KD.

If I wouldnt know any better, it sure sounds like your saying camping produces less deaths and more kills? HAHA do not promote the idea man.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Haha I am definitely not intentionally promoting it and not saying that camping produces more kills but it generally (by someone with even an oz of skill) does reduce deaths.

That's what we see in alot of competitive games etc.

The high reward probs should have just said "rewarding") was them not dying as much and achieving their desired KD (if that's what people classify as reward)

Level 38

in reply to Izjar11

This is my biggest grip about KD - it takes the game into a realm where people become too focused on what 3 digits represent that they lose sight of what the game is all about - having fun.

That ruins it for the rest of the community.

Level 38

kingofglitches wrote:

i believe k.d should be restricted in the sense that k.d should only be visible when you apply to a clan and only to the clan leader i feel otherwise the game gets dumb because people try and inflate their stats so they have bragging rights in lobbies if we can not see everyones k.d and only when you apply to a clan the clan leader can see you're k.d i feel it would make the game a better experience with less people camping and spawn trapping

I dont see the relation between play styles and KD but I would also like them to remove online stats in pre-game lobby's.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios