change the k.d system

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: change the k.d system

in reply to Izjar11

I'd say the only stats you need (if any) are: total kills (not deaths), average score per game and days played

Level 19

in reply to Silz616

Silz616 wrote:

I'd say the only stats you need (if any) are: total kills (not deaths), average score per game and days played

Good one,

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to kingofglitches

If IW had rewarded more for completing objectives it would have helped.  BO2 had its faults, but their point system was great as you could achieve killstreaks much easier any number of ways (kills, assists, complete objectives, destroy equipment, etc).  I too would love to see player stats hidden, but I have a feeling it would only have a minimal effect on the overall play style of the community as a whole.

Level 18

Statistics are a helpful way of analyzing your performance and through them find where your strong points are so that you concentrate on them or find your weak points to improve.

K/D is on the many statistics that we are given in CoD  games.

And is not a bad thing, statistics that is. What is bad is the huge amount of importance that the players place on these statistics. Even worse is that the players place so such importance of evaluating other players based on these statistics.

That is what is wrong.

Even is these statistics are removed there will always be players that they will find other ways to compare their performance to others players. Is just how human nature is.

So, as always, the community is what we make of it. And who is the community ? We are the community.

Level 22

At the very least, they should change it to be a system similar to Black Ops, in which the stats are public but not quickly accessible through the main lobby menu, but through a players submenu that needs time to be navigated to and load.  Only the most practiced of these people would barely be able to scan half the lobby.

Level 33

Put 'display stats' in the options menu, just like setting up your controller.  User can turn it on or off whenever they please.

Level 3

Nah.

Level 21

So many threads on this subject..  why not participate in those?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

I always thought patches might work i.e reach a specific milestone and you get a badge and once achieved it is permanent. Your current k/d is not viewable to anyone but yourself. Don't take away bragging rights as it is part of human nature.  Rather make having a higher k/d give you something worthwhile in return. I would also really love to see weapon patches you can wear that actually mean something. for example 5000 kills with a specific weapon, 1000 headshots etc.

The only stats i think should be visible to other players are obj ones i.e dom caps, defuses/plants, and in tdm w/l ratio (leaving a game counts as a loss). This shows if you are actually a team player or not and might encourage people to play the obj. 

Taking away some form of bragging rights will work against the community especially the younger players. Introducing any system will not change a persons playstyle but it might encourage more variety. If a a stat is a permanent achievement then once gotten you can play in a completely different way, because there is no more need to sit in far away bush anymore, unless that is how the person enjoys playing, fair enough if that is the case.

Level 6

Yeah, to many people play for how the stats look. Don't show them at all, in my opinion. The amount of smack talk about other players stats in pre game lobby's is crazy. Then when the bragger gets battered, they'll rage quit.

Level 19

Studios