vent on in game trash

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

vent on in game trash

Ok, this is fresh in my mind because I witnessed it a few times last night.

I know most people agree with this AND I know some of you all are guilty of
it (myself included though I try not to) BUT i really get tired of the bully
talk in game. I am not talking about the 'one upsmanship' and stuff like that.
I am type A and former athlete plus served in the military. SO I am not above
drinking beer and being an A hole guy. BUT I will say I DO NOT like hearing
people bully other players. I was in a HC Dom match last night where I heard
some idiots constantly berating a guy because he wasnt capturing enough points.
He wasn’t camping or anything, he just wasn’t very good. And it was SO
personal. It wasn’t your normal ‘I did your mom’ crap. It was making fun of his
stutter and stuff like that. Honestly, if I could have gotten my hands around
their necks I have no doubt they would never have done that again.

Level 9
25 REPLIES

Re: vent on in game trash

in reply to KC135R

i so agree with you every game i play i play a different style from running to sniping and im sick of getting messages off idiots after the games over just because they cant handle getting beat

Level 11

in reply to oSWAMPFROGo

I play DOM almost exclusively. And I admit on certain maps I snipe because they are designed poorly. trying to cap B on warhawk or Freight is a deathwish!

But on strikezone I get 6-9 caps each game. I get some of those after game messages. I just delete them. If I pissed you off enough to make you take time to send me a message i did something right. But just to harrass a guy for being bad and making it personnal pisses me off! I cant change the fact that there are bullys out there BUT at least in real life I can make it come with a cost to them.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to KC135R

To me, your team only has two captures total in a perfect Dom game.  You took two objectives off the go and never lost them.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

Highwayman0226 wrote:

To me, your team only has two captures total in a perfect Dom game.  You took two objectives off the go and never lost them.

You forgot zero defends...

... shoot them before they are even in a position to cap the points.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

Highwayman0226 wrote:

You forgot zero defends...

... shoot them before they are even in a position to cap the points.

Hence stats are pointless. He's not on here anymore, but there was a member of this forum who insisted that he was more of an objective player than me because he average more than 6 caps a game. He eluded that even 6 caps a game was not good enough.

I told him that I only averaged, at most 4 because when I capped a flag I kept that flag. Apparently to him you're not suppose to do that. You go after every flag and never stop. This is a terrible idea of how DOM should be played and it hurts your team in so many ways. I cap a flag, I defend that flag, and I stay alive. What more can you ask for out of a DOM player?

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Well it really is a stupid point anyway. IF Im running to capture something, it's nice to know I have a sniper behind me clearing my path. And possibly even taking out snipers on the other team.

Dom and Blitz are not single team games. Meaning all offense or all defense. Half the team needs to cap and a few need to clear the way.

My complaint only comes when people try and capture All points forcing spawn points to be random.

Level 9

in reply to KC135R

I hate that too. Usually I put myself in the middle (or try to) just because no matter what is said to me.. I just would never care. But when it's someone else it drives me nuts.

I've heard a lot of gripes with how MS is stepping up their 'rules of conduct' enforcement on X1. Friends of mine have gotten warning emails 'in regards to obsessive use of profanity and unbecoming conduct' and think it's absurd. Personally, I don't think there is an 'okay' place for any type of harassment and therefore should come with a zero tolerance policy.. you harass.. you get bans (temp/perm).

Level 7

in reply to KC135R

your absolutely right that this shouldn't be happening, but there is a "mute" option for people to avoid hearing / listening and speaking to others. There is also a report function for "language or profanity"

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to KC135R

I play with friends of friends sometimes, but I refuse to play with them anymore.  They act like the guys you described.  A couple was playing one night, and they just went off on the girl for no reason.  Here a guy and girl are trying to have fun together and they have to deal with these guys being idiots.

Level 29

Studios