vent on in game trash

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: vent on in game trash

in reply to KC135R

I'm usually a low key a-hole when I am. Sometimes I get in a mood where I'm bored and want to BS around and act stupid anonymously online. However, once someone starts with the cussing and harsh language I can get pretty mean. I could careless what others say and more often then not I just mute them, but there's a point where I'm just in that mood to fight back when they push the right buttons.

This is online world we live in though so unfortunately we just have to deal with it.

Level 75

in reply to KC135R

KC135R wrote:

Ok, this is fresh in my mind because I witnessed it a few times last night.

I know most people agree with this AND I know some of you all are guilty of
it (myself included though I try not to) BUT i really get tired of the bully
talk in game. I am not talking about the 'one upsmanship' and stuff like that.
I am type A and former athlete plus served in the military. SO I am not above
drinking beer and being an A hole guy. BUT I will say I DO NOT like hearing
people bully other players. I was in a HC Dom match last night where I heard
some idiots constantly berating a guy because he wasnt capturing enough points.
He wasn’t camping or anything, he just wasn’t very good. And it was SO
personal. It wasn’t your normal ‘I did your mom’ crap. It was making fun of his
stutter and stuff like that. Honestly, if I could have gotten my hands around
their necks I have no doubt they would never have done that again.

That's the anonymity of the internet for you.

But serious question... did you stick up for the guy and say anything to the asshats?

When you recognize a problem and sit on the sidelines... you become part of the problem.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I agree completely, usually i reference Ron White and basically tell them next time they have a thought they want to share, dont.

As for last night I was able to bully the bully. I had better stats than the guy making fun of him so I just pointed out that to me HE was the one that sucked.

And again, it's the personnal bullying that I cant stand. I know some folks want to censor everyone, to me that stuff just rolls off of me.

Level 9

in reply to KC135R

Same here...

... there isn't a single thing some guy on XBL can say to me that will affect me at all.

I have fun with it.

I've acted like I was crying over it.

I go to my ignorant redneck persona.

I've even done Mexican barrio wanna be gangster.

But I've told off people aren't talking trash but really trying to be complete jerkwads... they leave him alone and start yelling at me but I'm the honeybadger. Honeybadger don't give a...

... I won't use the word, Foxy.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

yup, Dont start nuthin, wont be nuthin....

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to KC135R

Agreed.  We have all had our D-bag moments.

The big change for me happened back during the MW3 era.  *Disclaimer, not trying to flex the epeen, just painting a picture of my Douchery.  In the group of friends I play with, I am the top dog and if I was having an off game, we would lose.  I joked that my copy of MW3 came with the "Backpack perk" where I had to carry everyone else on my team.  This happened shortly after getting my 3rd MOAB before X-mas.  We were playing some form of an objective mode, I think it was Dom and I was grouped with three of my friends so we had some randoms.  There was your normal banter back and forth and the lobby got fairly heated since the games were getting closer and closer.  I finally got paired with what could have been my trash-talking arch-nemesis at the time.  It got worse and VERY personal.  I pushed it too far and they left.

Next day, I received a message from that person offering an apology.  That person elaborated a little bit on what had transpired in their life (this wasn't the typical my mom died when I was little trolling) and that what I had said really bothered them.  They also said what they said to me affected their ability to sleep last night.  I received a message from his friend he was grouped with asking if I would accept the apology since his buddy was pretty 'shook up' over everything.  We exchanged messages for a few days, accepted apologies and moved on (didn't exchange friend requests).  This has always stuck with me and since then I have never taken it to the personal level since- being anonymous or not.  I am much more respectful now days and the mute button works wonders.

Level 8

in reply to KC135R

That's the price of internet and being anonymous scum bags ruin it because they know there are no consequences for online harassment unless the person knows them.

Level 18

in reply to KC135R

i just had a game and i was playing on the map with the gas station i was up across from the strip joint when a member of my own team kept shooting at me and blocking my view and on the headset he says i cant allow campers he ended up getting us both killed then i moved to top of the diner and again hes there in front of me jumping up and down saying no camping, i told him to clear off and im playing my style of play for this map,i told the try hard if he wants to run around from one side of the map to the other then back again so be it ( a tactic invented by forrest gump for passing the time ) i then told him i hope hes on the opposite team for the next match so i can practice shooting from a fixed location ( this guy took headless chicken to a whole new level he actually chickened out and left before next game) why are people like this cant they just enjoy the game and let people play how they want to play, i like to snipe and i admit i like nothing better than sitting back taking it easy with a sniper rifle and a bit of camping and im sorry for using the try hard and headless chicken references but im sick of these self appointed glory boys thinking they have the right to preach about how others play, i almost fell off my seat laughing the other day some guy was crying about a camper and giving him a hard time a voice came back over the headset of a young lad who sounded about 11 years old his exact words where ( go f*** yourself ) you couldnt hear the gun fire for the laughter, anyways in the famous words of forrest gump THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT

Level 11

in reply to oSWAMPFROGo

yeah and I understand how/why some people take it serious. There are people that do put a lot of effort into games but there's a fine line of being serious and going over the top and trying to force your own will.Thank god for the mute button!

Level 9

in reply to KC135R

It baffles me, too. Not sure what people's issues are. Maybe they had(or are having) a bad childhood? Maybe they are frustrated from work? Problems at home? Or maybe CoD is just their way of letting off some steam and they are a Choir Boy in their every day life... who knows.

Pretty sure a lot of it has to do with Anonymity... people can get away with it, with little to no repercussions.

The thing is, and people will think I am crazy for saying it... I have found just as many amazing and kind people on line. Sure, they'll curse and spit and yell in game, but once they are back in the lobby, they are just as nice as can be. The nasty folks just tend to be louder.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios