what do you honestly think about ghosts compare to older CoD?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

what do you honestly think about ghosts compare to...

I know its late to post a topic like this but what do you think about ghosts? I see a ton of flaws in this game compared to others. Too many entries and exits where you can't strategically move around,too many players camp,hitmarks are off, more than enough perks,all about graphics and really not about the gameplay.older CoD were good and they didn't have that great of graphics. Most likely a guarantee that advanced warfare is pretty much going to be the same as ghosts. After ghosts I really lost my interest in the newer CoD. You can't make a game perfect because of everybody's point of view but if the company would've kept it how the old CoD games were then it would be pretty good. If I could play the old CoD I would but of course you have modders and hackers that pretty much ruins the game.

shadoslash
27 REPLIES

Re: what do you honestly think about ghosts compar...

in reply to shadoslash

I think it's an average game, can't wait to move on to the next thing, Still enjoyable at times, Ghosts didn't involve my favourite game mode HC S&D , so it will always be down the order compared with previous titles, I didn't suffer lag, bad lobbies hit detection problems that many here stated with previous CoD's, thou at times, I feel it happened in Ghosts!   Playing just HC DOM , the odd HC TDM (with trials of other modes) because I couldn't find a game is frustrating, sometimes I wonder if I just stuck to my PS3 & BO2 I would have better conversations with online mates, but I was eager to be part of the next gen movement & was hyped for Ghosts. Ghosts brought me here to the forums.   

SLYD0G55

in reply to shadoslash

I think that it isn't as good as many of the previous CoD games.

I think Extinction was a step in the right direction for IW.  I feel like it is more story line driven than zombies and wish they would have made the DLC free for it.  That would probably have brought more players to it.

The campaign didn't really explain how the Federation took over and the Rorke story was kind of a boring, typical revenge story that didn't have much back story to set it up.  It seemed kind of short and the ending was a let down. 

Ghosts multiplayer seems to have better hit detection.  The character customization and clan wars were good additions.  The DLC is creative.  With that said, the multiplayer maps are too big and have so many angles to get shot from that it leads to more random gameplay.  They removed some great modes in favor of ones that aren't as good.  The streaks take away from the balanced player vs player gameplay.  The perk and unlock system takes away from the need to level up and complete challenger to make the classes you want.  etc, etc, etc.  Those are just some of the reasons that I don't enjoy it as much as other Call of Duty games.

LVLikeG

in reply to shadoslash

I like it better then MW3 that's for sure. I liked it when it first came out but got tired of the huge maps, then I bought the map packs and the as more patches rolled out the game has become a lot more fun for me now. I love the newest map pack, lot less campers. I think the maps from the map pack should have been the original maps because its obvious everyone hates the original maps for their huge size. I love the graphics in this game and the guns (I hope the honey badger is in AW ) but its not my favorite. My all time favorite is WaW.

Overall I really like the game, but its nothing innovative. I give it overall a 8.5/10.

yogosans

in reply to shadoslash

Its different and that is what counts, its connection quality is better than the last two titles, provided quality hit detection, clan focused and a variety of choices.

This game is good, better than other titles in its own way as each other title was better than the previous in its own way.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

in reply to shadoslash

I've been playing a lot of the older titles lately and it's amazing how quickly the nostalgia hits you and you start to look back on the good times with those games.  You forget about the noob-tubing, QS'ing, Last standing, frustration of past games.  Given enough time I think people will look back on Ghosts and see the pros it brought to the table and its contribution towards the advancement of the franchise.

I personally enjoy Ghosts and other than a rough patch in Dec - Feb time frame it has been fairly stable for me.  As far as comparisons go I'd put it right in the middle on my list, roughly equal with BO1 as far as enjoyment. 

claisty

in reply to claisty

claisty wrote:

I've been playing a lot of the older titles lately and it's amazing how quickly the nostalgia hits you and you start to look back on the good times with those games.  You forget about the noob-tubing, QS'ing, Last standing, frustration of past games.  Given enough time I think people will look back on Ghosts and see the pros it brought to the table and its contribution towards the advancement of the franchise.

I personally enjoy Ghosts and other than a rough patch in Dec - Feb time frame it has been fairly stable for me.  As far as comparisons go I'd put it right in the middle on my list, roughly equal with BO1 as far as enjoyment.

this is a good observation when playing older titles.

what happens though is that the larger community base has moved on, those who remain are the fervent players who tend to play with more of a purpose than the transient players.

It goes to show how much a community effects how others play, and enjoy the game.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Very true.  I didn't see nearly as much BS playing the last couple of weeks as in the past when the older titles were in their prime.

claisty

in reply to Izjar11

"It goes to show how much a community effects how others play, and enjoy the game."

God. Damn. Right.

Rexens_View

in reply to claisty

I loved MW2 and went back to play it a few weeks ago. Compared to Ghosts I think its awful now lol. I think ghosts is better than most. Chasm and Stormfront are the only real bugbears for me. I hate those maps.

Silz616

Studios