Any advice for a fellow gamer?

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Any advice for a fellow gamer?

Hey all

I have a question I was hoping someone might have the answer.

So here's the scenario (yay, you read this far)

I had an issue with my xbox 360 hard drive & disc reader (IKR...all happened overnight too), so I bought a new 250gb slim. Xbone or Ps4 I wont buy 1st gen, been bitten in the past.

So here is my issue. I run Astro a50's, they hook into the xbox via fiber optic cord. My problem is.... there is no fiber optic port on the new xbox 360? My old one had one... why are we moving 'backwards'?

Any advice from anyone who has the answer on how to hook up my Astro's?

Signed:

FRUSTERATED

Level 9
3 REPLIES

Re: Any advice for a fellow gamer?

in reply to ErUPtiON

Since there is no optical port your going to need a audio converter that plugs into the HDMI port.  You can try Best Buy or the like. Turtle Beach also sells them: HD Audio Converter

Level 14

in reply to ErUPtiON

There is a port if its a newer one. If not they do make a converter for the older style.http://www.razerzone.com/asset/minisite/chimaera/images/faq/faq-adapter.jpg

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to ErUPtiON

ErUPtiON wrote:

My problem is.... there is no fiber optic port on the new xbox 360? My old one had one... why are we moving 'backwards'?

Are you sure your old 360 had an optical digital output?  I've owned four 360's and a 360 slim and everyone needed the adapter cranium2001 posted for my Turtle beaches. I never saw the HDMI audio converter Kanooke linked, but that would work as well.  How long did you have your older 360 that had issues?

Level 75

Studios