Any play the original Roller Coaster Tycoon

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Highlighted

Any play the original Roller Coaster Tycoon

This game has been my favorite video game of all time since I was just a wee child over a decade ago. I recently got back into it and even though the graphics are lame by today's standards I find the overall quality of the game to be better than most games produced today. If Chris Sawyer could go back and give his original masterpiece a small touch up and improve the AI with today's technology Roller Coaster Tycoon could would rule the gaming world.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, RCT is a full amusement park simulator. Complete with everything you can think of. It was made in 2001 and even tough the game is more than a decade old it's still one of the best. It really doesn't have any flaws. I encourage anyone to check it out.

The sad part about RCT is that Atari bought them out not too long before going under. RCT 4 was heavily rumored but that dream has been killed. The third installment of the series was a bit of a let down. They focused more on the 3D element. Because of this I found the game lacking on many fronts. It just didn't deliver. I really want the original RCT feel with more sophisticated AI and more ride options. Most importantly I want more customization options. 2001 was a long time ago and with today's capabilities this game has a lot potential.

I think Activision should buy the rights to this game from Atari

Level 75
1 REPLY

Re: Any play the original Roller Coaster Tycoon

in reply to Ghamorra

Yep It was a fun game. I enjoyed the Original Fallout also. go back even farther with that game.

Level 12

Studios