BF4 and COD gaming discussions

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Re: BF4 and COD gaming discussions

in reply to Izjar11

battlefield 4 is more fast paced then cod ghost and it suits my run and gun style and both games have dlc the same price and it seems more value for money on battlefield 4

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

I really enjoyed BF3. I have BF2 also, and played heck adapting to it. Not sure that I ever really did.

The down side to BF is the up side to COD. After all the time I've spent in the two games, I feel confident in saying that many of the wishes for dedicated servers in COD was to duplicate the rented server concept in BF. For certain that would turn me away from COD.

The tanks, the choppers, even the planes once I got accustomed to using them, are loads of fun. But you have to fight to get the aircraft which is always a drag. In general, the tanks are one-man operations, but if you're up against a good team, you need a full crew in your tank.

Anyway, G is right - all the complaints people have about cheap tactics / weapons / etc all exist over at BF. Times ten, really. Rent a server, make up your own rules, then violate your own rules and kick everyone else that also violates them.

One thing about stats, though, LOL, if stats are meaningless here they are outright bogus over at BF.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

I can honestly say I have never looked at my stats in BF4.

Not once.

That's why I love the game, my KD isn't displayed on every screen I look at so I forget that I even have one.

One awesome thing about BF4 from my perspective is that anything goes in BF4, I don't care if someone camps, spawn traps (near impossible unless with jets) or does whatever because it is such a large game that it is expected and doesn't really affect how I play the rest of the game.

Level 38

in reply to Izjar11

Good topic Iz.

My 2 cents worth on the comparison.

I have found myself playing more and more BF4 instead of Ghosts for a few reasons, the primary one being I just find it more fun!

This is in complete contrast to BF3 vs BO2 where I barely played BF over COD.

I think one big reason people have so much fun in BF4 is that it isn't ultra competitive like Ghosts is.

Big reason for that IMO is that your KD and WL isn't easily accessible and constantly shown, therefore people don't compare constantly. Second is there are no lobby systems to party up in, you have your squads for VIOP and Party Chat in PS4 but other than that no clans or teams trolling.

Sniping is very rewarding once you get used to it as instead of just point-n-shoot you have to account for bulletdrop, lead, suppression etc all in a very small space in time. When you hit that 700m headshot its an awesome feeling as you know you deserve that shot. You earned it.

-Vehicle make a nice change as you can just jump in and cruise around, you don't even have to partake in gun fights if you don't want to.

-Giving squad orders and following them result in XP rewards for the whole squad.

-Unlocking attachments and weapons etc: Ghosts' system allows you to unlock anything at anytime, thus removing half the fun of the experience of earning things.

- Battlepacks: Allow you to unlock items from achieving accomplishments. Rewarding experience especially if you get Boosts.

Using boosts is awesome fun for leveling up not just your rank, but you vehicles.

Overall I guess Ghosts seems to be too serious now, BF4 has the lighthearted feel by allowing you to have fun adn play around without having your level punished. Yes, you won't rank up as fast but its not like Ghosts where your KD will plummet (which is still the main focal point of Ghosts).

Level 38

in reply to Izjar11

BF4 is like a mans games but ghosts as gone downhill and its full of kids and all they do is camp or run around with silencer on there gun its so boring , and its the last COD game I will buy , I uses to like COD nut no more

Level 1

in reply to drakeboys

A man's game? Did you really just say that?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to Izjar11

I bought BF3 two weeks ago at Gamestop for 7 bucks. Money well spent. Battlefield and COD, two different experiences. I wont even compare the two franchises. I am starting to enjoy BF3, but I still play Ghost. Cant tell you much about BF4 because I havent played it, when it comes down to 20 bucks, then I shall.

Level 43

in reply to Shadowelite555

Same here, I haven't played any in the BF franchise but every time I go to EB games or Walyworld I'm tempted to buy BF 3 to see the differences but I refuse to spend 20 bucks on it, call me cheap but I've been loyal to the COD franchise ever since playing COD 1 on PC on my buddies LAN. Now if I could try it for less than 10 then I might give it a shot

Level 7

in reply to specoppunisher

Bought BF3 pre-owned for 7$-ish. Also spent 2 hours setting up an Origin account and downloading the updates and HD update. 20$ at Walmart is pushing it in my opinion. If you could find it under 10$, give it a try. You also said you played PC COD, BF is better on the PC than the consoles.

Level 43

in reply to specoppunisher

I'm a bigger spender than Shadow. At $20 bucks, it's worth it. I haven't tried BF4. My bro says its so-so. But BF3 is a fun game. It isn't really a comparison to COD. They are two different games.

But the "fun" factor is the same whether you compare two games or compare a game to Disneyland. It feels like I've had a lot more moments of gut-wrenching laughter playing BF3 lately than when I play COD.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios