Be Careful

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Be Careful

When driving in front of a Mobile/Cell phone store. You may get hit from someone on her phone by backing up out of a parking space. That happened to me earlier and I'm actually thinking of reporting this just to get back at the lady and teach her a lesson, that and to fix my car. What you think?

Level 18
21 REPLIES

Re: Be Careful

in reply to Zombie-Hell-Fire

if she hit you why wouldn't you report it? especially if she was on the phone even if you cut her off "not saying you did" shes still at fault for being on the phone while driving at least that's how it works where i live.

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

Yeah I should. I just don't like going through this kind of stuff especially because it will be on my record and might increase my insurance. That's what I've heard.

"I didn't cut her off". I was waiting for someone else to back up out of their parking space when she backed up and hit me. Then she said I didn't do that. I'm like what the F you mean you didn't? I guess she was talking to her man because he showed up within a few minutes (at least it felt like that). . She refused to give me her insurance info so I called the cops. They said they couldn't give a report on it because it was private property.

Anyway she finally gave me the paper and I got her info.

Level 18

like i said i didn't say you did. i was just saying even if you did her being on the phone basically negates you being at fault unless you like ran a red or a stop sign or hit her while she was parked. as for raising your rates it will no matter who's at fault the only good thing is her insurance has to pay for your fixes so her rates will get hit more than yours will. as for the privet property thing that sounds like lazy cops to me because i believe no matter what if your in a accident if the other party asks for you insurance and you refuse then leave or even just refusing that could be considered a hit and run i could be wrong though took drivers ed a eternity ago. 

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

Here they don't make reports if it's on private property although they came out but since she seen me on the phone with the cops she decided to give me the paper. When they showed up they made sure I had the correct info then we all left.

Level 18

remind me never to get in a accident in a parking lot where you live then. that just seems like a bad joke seeing as a majority of accidents happen in parking lots. at least she figured out you weren't some new driver or a push over and now she has to pay for your repair bill.

Level 22

in reply to Bubbakush1

Actually if it was in a parking lot, it's pretty common that cops can't do anything. As retarded as it is, I've seen it in several states.

Level 5

You're right, gotta be careful, especially now that it's snowing (where i live anyway). Sorry that happened to you, I wish you luck.

Level 43

in reply to Shadowelite555

Thanks, I made a claim with her insurance company, they told me I will be getting a call within 24-48hrs and if not then call them with my claim number.

I just hope she doesn't try and act innocent when they call her. I've heard if that happens next step would be go to small claims court and that's just something I'm not really hoping for so thanks for wishing me luck(with fingers crossed)

Level 18

If you have a witness you should be ok, even if she pleads innocence, if not it might be a good idea to see if the car park has any security cameras.

Level 67

Studios