It's "COULDN'T care less," NOT "COULD care less."

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

It's "COULDN'T care less," NOT "COULD care less."

I hear so many people using this wrong ALL the time.

I just want to spread the word here, for all those that use this phrase incorrectly.

The correct phrase is, "I COULDN'T care less." - As in you care SO little about something that you could NOT care less.

Spread the word people.

Level 21
20 REPLIES

Re: It's "COULDN'T care less," NOT "COULD care less."

in reply to r8edtripx

Grammar Girl : "Could Care Less" Versus "Couldn't Care Less" :: Quick and Dirty Tips ™

And Forum folks... it is DEFINITELY... Not DEFIANTLY.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to r8edtripx

I could care less about that people mostly intend to to I couldn't care less instead of I could care less. But I could really care less about it. No I'm thinking about it.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

in reply to dtuchpunk

dtuchpunk wrote:

I could care less about that people mostly intend to to I couldn't care less instead of I could care less. But I could really care less about it. No I'm thinking about it.

I can see you're very conflicted about this. Lol

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

And it's all your fault.

Level 59

in reply to r8edtripx

I'll probably loose this conversation.  But your absolutely wrong, their are many people that could care less.  But I couldn't care more.

Level 14

in reply to HEREIAMNOW

Loose, supposuvly, don't got, etc. Its all fun.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to r8edtripx

While you may be correct in one sense, it still wouldnt be a completely correct statement. If you really, truely , absolutely could not care any less ...... you certainly wouldnt be making the effort to discuss it.

Soooo ..... If you care enough to  SAY you couldnt care less , you probably really could.

Level 20

in reply to atiredoldguy

That's what I treid to say. Because I really could care less that a lot of people want to say I couldn't care less but say could care less.

Level 59

in reply to atiredoldguy

atiredoldguy wrote:

While you may be correct in one sense, it still wouldnt be a completely correct statement. If you really, truely , absolutely could not care any less ...... you certainly wouldnt be making the effort to discuss it.

Soooo ..... If you care enough to  SAY you couldnt care less , you probably really could.

I think you misunderstood me here. I do care when this phrase is used incorrectly. ...more than I should. Lol.

There are so many other phrases and words that people use incorrectly, but this is the one I feel compelled to correct. (for the record, I only correct to spread the word, not to be condescending.)

I'll leave you with the #2 incorrect grammar faux pas that grinds my gears:  I "USE" to do... instead of, I "USED" to do...

- I never correct this one, even if they use it several times in a paragraph and it's obvious they didn't accidentally leave off the "D."

Ok, that's enough grammar conversation from me.

Level 21

Studios