Liking a comment or thread, what does it take to earn yours?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Liking a comment or thread, what does it take to earn yours?

I Know for me some of the comments that I really enjoy liking are those that say thanks when someone helps them . Even if I am not involved in that particular thread seeing someone say "thank you ". To me  that always gets a like.

IF I write a post as long as they keep on topic even if they have a different point of view I tend to hit the like button as a thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

There have been a handful, of post that get the instant like the comment like the thread and five star rating, usually something that makes you wish that you wrote it or thought of it.

The guides that people have written out threads to help with the nat type or app guide the map guides weapons comparisons usually quickly get bookmarked and all the likes.

Fun discussions and replies that just make you laugh .

I know I did not include everything that I will hit the "like" on but what does it take for you to take notice and "Like" something?

Level 75
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Liking a comment or thread, what does it take to earn yours?

in reply to MindSpazms
Solution
‎08-06-2014 06:18 AM

If I like the post I will "like" it.

Level 64
20 REPLIES

in reply to MindSpazms
Solution
‎08-06-2014 06:18 AM

If I like the post I will "like" it.

Level 64

in reply to MindSpazms

If something is correct, well thought out, witty or inciteful i will give it a like, and always points for originallity.

Level 67

in reply to MindSpazms

Giving correct information, being positive, giving a balanced assessment of the issue (does not mean I have to totally agree), sense of humor.  I have even liked posts that made me laugh even though they were full of crap.

I sometimes wish there was a dislike button.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

Agree on the dislike button,,,,,,

Level 67

in reply to MindSpazms

Actually I like threads and rate them based on them not cluttering OT with bullshit. Just to ask a question so someone can achieve a create a topic badge.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Isnt that the purpose of the ot just to have these type of threads ,, some of the longest running threads here could be argued on it they are bs or just here for fun .   Either way thanks for your input .

Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

Yeah, but for EviL's Sake.. Have some class about it. No one likes a Stewie.

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

Ok if you don't like the thread or feel that it is a "Stewie"  that is 100% fine i have no issue with it, not everyone is going to like every thread. I don't like a lot of threads. Not familiar with your "Evil's Sake" terminology . For the amount of complaining that goes on the the forums there is nothing wrong with creating this thread which highlights some of the reasons a person may receive a "like" . Acknowledging a thank you with a "like" . I can't help if you feel that there is no class in it. So I will say again we do not agree on this but thank you for your input

Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

Stewie was once a ssick bastaard that spammed OT with threads over aand over, just for the hell of it. Threads that promote creativity and discussion in OT based on OT criteria are pile drived to the bottom. Whether a thread/post is liked isn't much Activity on the thread that keeps it popular and entertaining is what matters. People will more than likely, like a thread because they see others doing it. As far as EviL.. They would create threads that are some of the most flammable known to CoDHQ, yet were the most entertaining.

A History Of EviL

Level 59

Studios