Love this story. The Ultimate Rager.

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Love this story. The Ultimate Rager.

Call of Duty player called SWAT on a player who beat him in game – Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty ...

Some Call of Duty gamers seem to take the game a little too seriously. A player in Call of Duty lost to another player, Rafael Castillo, 17, of Long Beach.

So, the player called the police over Skype stating that he was Castillo and said, ‘I just killed my mother and I might shoot more people.’

Long Island police responded by sending over 60 units, including helicopters, emergency vehicles; and they arrived guns drawn, ready for a shooter.

Long Island police dispatched helicopters, emergency vehicles and an army of cops to a home where someone called in a bloody rampage on Tuesday.

They arrived with guns drawn and ready for war — only to find out the call to cops was an act of revenge by a gamer whom the teen who lives inside had just beaten in an online Call of Duty battle.

The prank caller told police over Skype that he was Rafael Castillo, 17, of Long Beach — and that “I just killed my mother and I might shoot more people,” cops said.

“Some guy threatened to Swat him,” Castillo’s brother told The Post. “He was pissed that he had lost.”

The disgruntled gamer had just been eliminated by Castillo and gave police the teen’s home address in a dangerous game called “Swatting,” and the authorities went into full emergency mode.

Long Island police said:

“It was probably just an evil little kid,” one officer said.
“We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there … It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems. It turned out to be a hoax,” the cop added.

Long Beach Police Commissioner Michael Tangney said it’s just the latest example of the “Swatting” game.

“In this … bizarre world of Swatting, you get points for the helicopter, for the police cars, for the SWAT team, for the type of entry,” he told CBS. “It’s very sophisticated. Unfortunately, it’s very dangerous.”

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
27 REPLIES

Re: Love this story. The Ultimate Rager.

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Got a powerful pull this game towards, rage

Level 23

I think this is the line where Activision needs to step up and do something. I know this is something that's out of their control but seriously, the immaturity needs dealt with.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

I wonder how, though.

This is the same company selling Pot Leaf Camos. I just don't know what they could do in situations like this. This is a societal and parenting issue.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I wouldn't complain if they didn't do anything as I know their hands are tied, but I think it would do them a lot of good if they at least put a great deal of thought into this matter.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

But what could they do?

Activision Ambassador

activision has some pull with impressionable young people so anything they could do would at least get through to some kids.  a funny commercial or skit that has some humor but a clear message.

I Don't know but it's boarder line crossing section 656 "no game discussion in teh ot"

Level 33

Send some moles into lobbies and whenever a little kid starts acting up they get kicked with a message saying, "You've been banned for 24hrs for bratty behavior".

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

Send some moles into lobbies and whenever a little kid starts acting up they get kicked with a message saying, "You've been banned for 24hrs for bratty behavior".

Ive heard this bratty behavior from what sounds to be grown men,

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Ban them too. I know Activision is against humiliation but the very reason they're against it is the very reason it would work. If you don't want to be humiliated then don't be a wiener head.

Level 75

Studios