New game mode idea

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

New game mode idea

Hi, I was wondering if anyone thought this might make a fun game mode.

Basic premise is you have a large rectangle designed to look like a basketball court, you have obstacles similar to to ones found in rush on black ops 2, all players have is a knife no guns at all.  each time a team scores a new ball is spawned, you just move over it to pick it up when carrying the ball you cant use your knife, so it would mean people on your team would have to protect you while you attempted to score.

This is my idea so far just wanted to hear any thoughts on it, wasn't sure if it was good idea or not but heyho

Level 1
15 REPLIES

Re: New game mode idea

in reply to curiousflea

I think you may have left some details out... how do people score in this game?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Ah yes doh!!!

Scoring would be a goal at each end of the map for teams to walk into and get a single point or slightly in front of the goal where the player would have to hold down X to score (like you do in search and destroy when planting the bomb) and score 3. Of course this might not be the best form of scoring but that's why I posted the idea I like it but wanted to get others to point out problems

Level 1

in reply to curiousflea

Uplink in Advance Warfare is similar to what you discripe.

You get a ball and when you hold it you can not use your weapons and if you throw it to your enemy then he cannot shoot you.

The objective of the game is to protect the guy that holds the ball and help him throw the ball into a hovering bigger ball.

So are you sure that your new game mode is not based on this ?

Level 22

in reply to C_CHRIS11

Ooo so theres something in advanced warfare, i've not looked at it other than one trailer that me made think wow ripping off titanfall i see.

Level 1

in reply to curiousflea

Don't worry. If you watch any of the youtubers, that they had the privilege to already play the game, there have upload lots of plays with the new game mode that is called Uplink.

The new game mode is the pride to the Devs and they don't miss any opportunity to advertise it.

if you look it up you will find lots of information as well as videos of the new game.

Level 22

in reply to curiousflea

Nobody is ripping off Titanfall. I think that perception needs to just go away.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Thank you!

Level 43

behave! my perception is just fine thank you, its kids like you thats driving me away from wanting to play these games

Level 1

in reply to curiousflea

Kids... like me?

This you have to explain because that was totally uncalled for.

AW was created during the same Dev Cycle as Titanfall. Are the ideas 100% original? No, but neither was Titanfall. All of these games borrow from past games in their makeup (with their own unique twists on it), not to mention Science Fiction stories and movies, and in AW's case, study of Future Tech based on research being done today.

So don't be so quick to judge us "kids", unless you have something to back it up.

Activision Ambassador

Studios