Random Questions 3: Can You Spare an NHL Team?

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Random Questions 3: Can You Spare an NHL Team?

Continuing with the hard sports questions theme, we now move to hockey, more specifically the NHL. Those versed in the history of the NHL will recall a franchise called the Quebec Nordiques. Ever since the team moved to Denver in 1995 and became the Colorado Avalanche, the good people of Quebec City have wanted an NHL franchise back in town.

Here's were the scenario comes in. You are the head of an investor group who has an interest in procuring an NHL team and basing it in Quebec City. You have spoken with Commissioner Bettman and the other relevant NHL bigwigs and they are open to a team returning to Quebec City if you address the problems the old Quebec Nordiques faced.

So given that you have the money, the investors, and the political backing, how would you go about bringing the NHL back to Quebec City? Will you convince the Commish that expansion is the way to go or is there a team out there that you think is a prime target for a move. The most thorough, comprehensive, and realistic answers will get the points on this one. The best answer marked correct, two runners up marked helpful. Do your research and don't over look critical issues.

Note that there will be a new stadium built and ready for an NHL team at the start of the 2015 season, so plan your solution accordingly. New Quebec City Amphitheatre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also note that you may have a potential powerful ally in the form of Quebecor Inc. who have recently bought the naming rights to the new stadium. Quebecor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Defensor Fortis
Level 34
8 REPLIES

Re: Random Questions 3: Can You Spare an NHL Team?

in reply to JediMaster Shark

can i have some points? nhl should let quebec back in, and if quebecor wants to fight take them to court hire some crazy lawyer who have experienced and win it. get a team back

in qc and become the most popular people in town. you will be respected forever and then hopefully they will win the Stanley cup and a huge party will go down. poutine, beer, hockey jerseys, and crazy lights and it will be the best night of everyone's life.  this is the most beautiful scenario that could happen and it is a possible dream.

Level 1

i would first start by buying the florida panthers and managing them for another year before i would go to gary and request the move to Quebec that would give me a year to haggle and let the arena to be finished.

i would point out the loss that i had incurred from the 1st year that i owned them.  that with there being a salary cap and the american / canadian dollar is close to par  that what happened last time in Quebec (ie players being paid in us dollars and revenue being paid in canadian dollars)  would be null and void. not to metion the canadian market is stupidly strong for hockey. And the new arena deal in edmonton raised there net worth to 400 million.

i think another canadian team would be great for our country eh!!!!!

Level 33

yet another topic I don't no dung about.

You mean ice hockey because this is hockey

style="max-width: 1200px; max-height: 900px;"/>

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60

i would love to see quebec city back in the nhl. but bettman is so anti canada :/

Level 3

I know it's not exactly the topic but hockey guys are sexy..

Level 10

in reply to Sun627girl

With their teeth knocked out

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60

in reply to Sun627girl

I worry about sometimes.....

Level 67

Expansion. Make Michel Goulet the coach and clone each Statsny brother at least 8 times.

stastny_bros_wide.jpg

Level 75

Studios