Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to PUR4IDO

there are many reasons people buy iy, i think in a way its like a drug... hear me out

when we first play cod, we got that high, we didnt know what the game was,a nd we were able to go around a fake city and kill people online, that high after a while tended to die down, it became a norm, but we are still search for that spark. so when we are all sick of the current title, and a new one is about to be released, we all hope that cod will have that  spark we first had with the game. so we are always trying to find that initial high

Level 10
Likes: 116
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎13-11-2013

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:




Sannji wrote:



Yes everything dies, but a good company knows when to start making newer, better games. Halo died, but at Bungie's Destiny is going to be a huge hit. If Titanfall was made under activision, I would say the same about them. But it seems CODs dead, and they have nothing ready to replace it.



You will know when they are "dead" because no more are produced, until then you speculate.


....yes but put it that way, everything you ever say is speculation because you don't know everything that will happen in the future....so wtf is your point

Level 7
Likes: 79
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎06-11-2013

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to Sannji

Sannji wrote:




Izjar11 wrote:




Sannji wrote:



Yes everything dies, but a good company knows when to start making newer, better games. Halo died, but at Bungie's Destiny is going to be a huge hit. If Titanfall was made under activision, I would say the same about them. But it seems CODs dead, and they have nothing ready to replace it.



You will know when they are "dead" because no more are produced, until then you speculate.




....yes but put it that way, everything you ever say is speculation because you don't know everything that will happen in the future....so wtf is your point


this would be the dead halo that has a new next gen version coming right?

Level 75
Likes: 4274
Posts: 15690
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:




Sannji wrote:




Izjar11 wrote:




Sannji wrote:



Yes everything dies, but a good company knows when to start making newer, better games. Halo died, but at Bungie's Destiny is going to be a huge hit. If Titanfall was made under activision, I would say the same about them. But it seems CODs dead, and they have nothing ready to replace it.



You will know when they are "dead" because no more are produced, until then you speculate.




....yes but put it that way, everything you ever say is speculation because you don't know everything that will happen in the future....so wtf is your point



this would be the dead halo that has a new next gen version coming right?


I wasn't the one that said "died" means they stop making it.

Level 7
Likes: 79
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎06-11-2013

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to Maccabi

Making a next gen console Halo is the smart "business" move to make, but it doesn't change the fact that Halo is not the powerful franchise it used to be. People will still buy it because of the name. It's like found footage movies, besides The Blair Witch Project & The 1st few Paranormal Activities" everything else is crap, but people will go out and see them hoping to see the next Blair or Para. Same goes w Halo & COD. People are still waiting for the NEXT COD4: MW or MW2.

Level 19
Likes: 318
Posts: 1003
Registered: ‎29-04-2013

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to PUR4IDO

That is the problem.. people are expecting the next "whatever it is" rather than enjoying what is out there.

The gaming community has grown entitled... nothing will ever satisfy the hordes. You just have to find what you like and enjoy it... be damned about the sales numbers, forum posts, or whatever.

Gaming is supposed to be fun. Play what makes you happy.



"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Likes: 13728
Posts: 23302
Registered: ‎02-09-2011

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to PUR4IDO

Sadly, it's true. Look at all the hype that surrounded BO1, then MW3, BO2, and even Ghosts (BO1 was when I really started taking the games with a grain of salt after the debacle MW2 became, since I tend to give first sequels, as CoD4 was so huge, more benefit of the doubt). Tons and tons of hype among the community about how awesome it looks, how awesome it "will" be, and so on.

A month or less after they come out? Hate and complaints galore and how the older game(s) were so much better because the newer game (still) isn't playing exactly how they believe it should be in one way or another (outside of more technical issues like lag and spawns, which are more understandable).

Level 24
Likes: 478
Posts: 1548
Registered: ‎28-12-2011

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

Look what EA did to the BF franchise, see whats in store for Titanfall. I'm waiting for Destiny.

Level 20
Likes: 486
Posts: 832
Registered: ‎03-11-2013

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

I was in the beta this weekend, logged about 4-6 hours easily reached the max level they would let us have. I will tell you now the game is fun, but it is no COD killer. It's repetitive, unless no drastic changes are made its replayability is not very high IMO. It looks beautiful, but coming from EA and the way BF4 looks this year I expected that. It just really seems like its missing something, something BIG. You guys can get your hopes up because it's a blast to play, and I recommend everyone checks it out for sure. But everyone will be back to COD/BF within a month or less.

Level 3
Likes: 8
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎24-06-2011
Highlighted

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to mcnaught

Well dude, It's an Alpha not a Beta. There is only much they can show u in the alpha. Worries me that it's an Alpha, so close to release.

Level 19
Likes: 318
Posts: 1003
Registered: ‎29-04-2013

Studios