Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

No joke, this is what is going to kill call of duty. Fitting that the guy that started it all is the one that is going to end it.

Level 8
104 REPLIES

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

I knew this when I saw it at E3. The gigantic maps alone gave me wood.

Level 7

It definitely looks fun from what I have seen from leaked footage over the past couple of days, but we will see if it lasts.  I still think Destiny is going to be what everyone plays after Titanfall.

Level 47
Highlighted

in reply to iivrruummii

Destiny looks Amazing. I pre-ordered, just so I can play the beta.

Level 19

2 things. 1 you didn't spend the weekend playing the titanfall alpha . You watched the leaked footage like everyone else.

2. While I think it will be a great game, it being a Microsoft exclusive will stop it from being a "cod killer". They would have been better off making it a Sony exclusive. Considering the ps4 is smashing the Xbox one . And from the looks of the alpha leaks people will complain about that game just as much. I can hear people screaming about the cloaked campers already.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Why should it be a Sony exclusive?  Because the PS4 is cheaper and is selling in more territories?  It is like saying Halo CE shouldn't have been a Original Xbox exclusive because the PS2 was out for a year and a half prior and had sold millions of more consoles.

Level 47

in reply to gotsomestars

It would have been good not to be an exclusive at all (from a game killer perspective)

As a "COD Killer" (if there is such a thing), it would make sense to make it a XBOX exclusive, but that is even counter-intuitive consider MS supports COD.

Having said that... maybe the writing is on the wall and MS realizes that COD has had its day so it is time to secure the next target big game? Who knows...

Activision Ambassador

I feel this way too.  CoD is popular on all platforms.  It's not like Activision isn't going to put out another CoD just because Titanfall is out there this year.  When they do, PS4 folks will likely buy it, unless of course Destiny is just THAT good.  Then again, Ghosts is pretty good on the PS4.  Maybe the next CoD that is made for next gen systems will be really good.

Level 29

There is a COD killer, it's called Call of Duty

Level 14

in reply to gotsomestars

gotsomestars wrote:

They would have been better off making it a Sony exclusive. Considering the ps4 is smashing the Xbox one .

Well... considering X1 outsold PS4 in December... might want to rephrase that.

And what do you think Titanfall will do X1 sales?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios