Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

in reply to PUR4IDO

the version they showed off is months old with the only purpose being to test their servers and matchmaking system

Level 8

Okay, let me break this down.

I love Ghosts, I feel it is better than MW3 and BO2. I love CoD in general, though. Why? Competition. That is the main draw of multiplayer gaming. Seeing your score, kills, and deaths being better than the opponent at the end of the game is extremely satisfying. Or if they are overall worse, you strive to get better. It's the way with any game. Competition=Fun to a very great extent. Will I get the next CoD? If I have money, yes. And I plan on having the money.

Now Titanfall... I will not get. XBOne exclusive is just dumb. To those who say that Sony doesn't have the server support, then why the hell is it already confirmed that Titanfall 2, whenever it is released, will be available for PS4? I played through all of the Playstations and have enjoyed my time on Sony's side. One game will not convince me to get a console I don't want and/or don't like.

All I have to say is: Deep Down.

Level 5

I don't know why you feel it has to "kill CoD".

While I am looking forward to it based on what I have seen and heard.... I have never been much of a "Giant Robot/Mech" genre fan. Obviously the gameplay just might convert me.

I enjoy CoD. I enjoy playing CoD. I don't want to see it die.

But what I hope it DOES do is give the CoD Developers a kick in the pants. Make them go back to their roots and realize that if they don't step up their game, this series will soon be surpassed by newcomers who innovate and pay attention to the fans and details that go into their games.

But, I guarantee you... the Titanfall Forums will be packed with complaints as well. It's just how these things work.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Going to back to the roots is the problem. The roots for Infinity Ward is "MW3". MW3 was this Infnity Wards 1st game.

Level 19

in reply to PUR4IDO

The roots of gaming... Not MW3.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I don't know why you feel it has to "kill CoD".

While I am looking forward to it based on what I have seen and heard.... I have never been much of a "Giant Robot/Mech" genre fan. Obviously the gameplay just might convert me.

I enjoy CoD. I enjoy playing CoD. I don't want to see it die.

But what I hope it DOES do is give the CoD Developers a kick in the pants. Make them go back to their roots and realize that if they don't step up their game, this series will soon be surpassed by newcomers who innovate and pay attention to the fans and details that go into their games.

But, I guarantee you... the Titanfall Forums will be packed with complaints as well. It's just how these things work.

I give it launch day plus one before people complain about servers being down.

I give it one week before people whine about the cloak.

I give it two weeks before people moan about OP Titans.

I give it three weeks before people complain about campers.

I give it four weeks before people whinge about what's not being "fixed".

I give it five weeks before people say they are going back to COD...

... and that's only because this is the first Titanfall.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

such evil analysis proves to be 100% accurate

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

You think they are going to have the servers up and running within a week? Ha. If BF3 and BF4 are any indication, it will be at least a month before they get that game running smoothly.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

seeing as bf3 and bf4 use EA servers and titan fall is using microsofts azure server platform, im not to worried about the servers

Level 8

in reply to RAN Kismet

What week will the 'lag' be complained about lol

Level 2

Studios