Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Highlighted

Re: Spent the weekend with the Titanfall Alpha. COD is dead

Honestly, Titanfall has been coming off, so far, as a prettier Killzone 3 multiplayer (which also had jetpacks and the EXO suit and such).

And seriously, weren't both BF3 AND BF4 supposed to be "CoD killers" too (by developers AND a lot of players)? Look how those turned out. If any game has the balls to say it's going to be a *big franchise game* killer, then they better make sure to put everything they have into it to make sure of it. Otherwise, any sequels that come out will be VERY closely scrutinized (by those who care anyway) since the base was essentially lied to with such hype.

Level 24

only reason Xbox One sold more units in December was PS4 could stay on the shelves. Overall numbers favor PS4.  Not sure why, PS4 only has one or two titles worth owning.  A couple that are OK but not worth the 60.00 price tag.  i.e. Killzone and Knack (OK to rent). I heard they have plans to release TitanFall 2 multiplatform.  I'm very excited to see how this cloud based streaming will work.  Should remove a lot of problems with traditional xbox host based multiplayer lag issues.

Level 4

in reply to Sapient_X

Sapient_X wrote:

I'm very excited to see how this cloud based streaming will work.  Should remove a lot of problems with traditional xbox host based multiplayer lag issues.

you know streaming games lags awfully right? there's a reason nearly every streaming game service as failed

Level 75

According to some news and I cant confirm this but is it true that TreyArch is going to be taken out of the next COD game ? I heard something in Gamespot about that the other day.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

It's all confirmed that Treyarch's COD is slated for 2015. Now 2014's COD is being made by Sledgehammer & is "highly" rumored to be MW4 or a MW branded COD.

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

Wow A two year lull in Treyarchs version ?

That could mean that it will go

Sledgehammer 2014

Treyarch 2015

IW 2016

Sledgehammer 2017.

and so on.

That COULD introduce a better ingenuity to the game. At least Sledge has some experience with it thank god. I dont want a short time turnaround from a company who only has 10 months left to go with the new one coming out. Like when TDR2K (carma 3) was released about a decade ago to that one company who destroyed the franchise.

Level 72

Activision realizes that with the next gen games will take even longer to make so 3 devs! Anyway, I also heard, so rumored, that Sledgehammer's COD is PS4, Xbox 1 & PC only. Ghosts is still just a last gen COD. Just on this gen it has purtier graphics which helps gameplay. "Hey that bush moved! *spray*"

Level 7

in reply to Spoil-t2

I wouldnt believe the rumor. The 360 and the PS3 will still be very active come November. It would be stupid for them to pull the plug on half to three quarters of their games yet.

There is no way there will be 7.5 million gamers and up on just the PS4 and the ONE to sell to.

For example the 360 according to Microsoft is still going to be on stores shelves at least til 2015.

Level 72

I think 3arc's game will only be for next gen but 2014's game will be on both current gen and next.  I also heard that there is supposed to be a new Nintendo console that is expected/not confirmed to release around 2017.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

Anyone want to guess what it will be called ? The Wii U perfect.

Oh no wait that next months rerelease of the wii U to help sales

They did good with the Wii. Great Idea but the Wii U and the "3ds tablet thingy" they failed miserably . With hardly any devs wanting to support their hardware anymore I would seriously think they will go 破産.

Level 72

Studios