The PS4 over XB1 that is my final decision, what is yours?

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Highlighted

The PS4 over XB1 that is my final decision, what is yours?

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies.

Over months of contemplating whether I wanted a console or not, especially the next-generation console(s) that just arrived this season, flip flopping between the two, doing tremendous amount of research, gathering data, and gathering insight from peoples' experiences, because they currently acquire either of the two game systems. And my final choice came down to choosing the Sony PlayStation 4; and sure it was not an easy decision for me to choose from. I hope you can alleviate with my position here and thank you in advance if you do support my decision. Furthermore, it really came down to 4 choices why I have chosen the PS4 over the XB1. My reason, is that of the game title exclusives, whatever that may be; additionally, 2) the PS4 game controller, I simply love it, something about is so peculiar and really distinctive aside from its predecessor or rival of the XB1 controller.  Once again, I simply love the PS4 controller, enough said. As well, 3) the PS4's Operating System - over Microsoft's ridiculous Windows 8 interface and DirectX 11.2. And I needed change, something different other than that same or similar operating system user interface. Including, the 4th final choice, is that of the optional camera that the Sony is offering, but not requiring us to have it, rather than the Microsoft's inbox addition of the Kinect 2.0 camera that is not really needed. Waste of money. 

Finally, if you currently acquire the all new Sony PlayStation 4 console, what made you decide to choose the console over its rival, the Xbox One system, despite of the hardware specifications? What is your take on it?

Best regards,

George

Level 2
36 REPLIES

Re: The PS4 over XB1 that is my final decision, what is yours?

in reply to FULLBLACK2

i stuck with the xb1 because they will release an updated one in a few years and it should rival the ps4 for internal power. i also stuck with it, call me a fan boy but when i want a tv i will buy a sony when i want a computer i will buy a Microsoft, plus my xb live and profile transfers. other than the first week hiccups i am happy with the xb1.

Level 33

in reply to newm8n

Hello.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and you're responsible of making your own decision basing it on your own personal preference, and I respect that. I have nothing against you and will I not be nor will I ever be prejudicial. People make choices in choosing what desires them the most in life, (in general) whatever that may be. And I am totally respect your decision. Its a win win for both consoles, neither of the systems meant to be built perfect, you win some here and there and you loose some. That's reality and we all should accept it what it is for.

Happy gaming and I hope you enjoy every moment of it, you deserve it pal.

Level 2

in reply to newm8n

In addition to what I have stated, it really came down to affordability, because I will not be able to purchase the two consoles, I have to make some sacrifice and sure it wasn't a easy decision for me to choose from. Yet, I am still waiting to get my hands on the PS4, no luck yet. Perhaps I should wait till late February or early March, perhaps even later. No idea as of yet when will it be available. 

Level 2

in reply to FULLBLACK2

i never bought a ps3 i did have a ps2. i dont plan on getting a ps4 i will likely grab another xb1.  i lucked out with the xb1 cause my wife and i were fighting on release day so i couldnt go get one and the next day they were sold out, so a few days went by and my wife struck a deal with me "she would buy it if i gave her 2 weeks of study time kids free" duh no brainer wife gone for 2 weeks and i didnt have to pay for it done. i was lucky enough to pick an unopened one off kijiji.

i also never get into console wars cause different strokes and such, i hope you enjoy your ps4

Level 33

in reply to newm8n

I also would like to take moment to extend my best wishes for the Christmas season. Have a Very Merry Christmas to you and to your family. And I hope that you enjoy, and cherish every moment of it with your family. Many blessings you all! Take care and stay safe.

Level 2

in reply to FULLBLACK2

you and your family as well. have a good and safe holiday season and enjoy

Level 33

in reply to newm8n

Thank you!

Level 2

in reply to newm8n

Hello again, Newm8n!

I just spoke with a sales representative at BestBuy CANADA and I asked about stock availability for the PS4 and XB1, and he told me that the PS4 won't be available till late February, most likely and for the XB1, its already available. Should I wait or get the XB1 now to play with and wait for PS4 later on?

Because I have been bored throughout his whole year and I have a lot of free time. Fuck, this is really frustrating me. Need advice.

Level 2

in reply to FULLBLACK2

if you can afford to get both i would say go for it. if you grab the xb1 and find you dont like it you could sell it and grab a ps4 but you may enjoy it.  i read reviews and all but only put so much merit into them, everyone likes different stuff so one persons opinion is just that.  i like it for the entertainment value ie: voice commands, browse internet, tv hooked up through it ect.  i have it hooked up on the livingroom tv and my kids and wife use it for netfix and dvds so for me an all around entertainment in more important than gaming . and its not like the games run poorly. on a side note where in canada are you

Level 33

Studios