TitanFall footage: Impressions

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Re: TitanFall footage: Impressions

in reply to bighead14701

cranium2001 wrote:

I really loved homefront. I feel like I should be ashamed.

Don't be ashamed, it was a decent concept for a game, but the execution just fell a little short.  I had a ton of fun for the 2 months that I played it.

TF has been a ton of fun.  I was not expecting a COD killer / replacement.  I was expecting something different and that is what we have been given from Respawn.  There are at least 6 other game modes coming out (CTF being one of them!) and a bunch of additional weapons.  Add to it that the game ships with 16 different MP levels and some other cool features still to be discussed and I am sure this game will keep me entertained for some time to come.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

otisman666 wrote:

cranium2001 wrote:

I really loved homefront. I feel like I should be ashamed.

Don't be ashamed, it was a decent concept for a game, but the execution just fell a little short.  I had a ton of fun for the 2 months that I played it.

TF has been a ton of fun.  I was not expecting a COD killer / replacement.  I was expecting something different and that is what we have been given from Respawn.  There are at least 6 other game modes coming out (CTF being one of them!) and a bunch of additional weapons.  Add to it that the game ships with 16 different MP levels and some other cool features still to be discussed and I am sure this game will keep me entertained for some time to come.

Agree Homefront was a good concept but it's execution in my eyes was very poor, I can't wait to see Homefront 2 which is being developed by Crytek this time so they should be using the cry engine which is extremely smooth to play on which is why I think if they can execute a modern military FPS on the cry engine they have the biggest chance of making the COD killer out of every game so far that has been announced.

As for Titanfall after putting in 15 hours in the beta I can safely say I enjoy the game but I was expecting more but I can't quite put my finger on what maybe its because its only a small sample of the game or maybe its something deeper like there is something that I don't like about it, I guess I will find out come the 11th March.

I hear the words COD killer and revolution for FPS games being mentioned about this game but I don't think it will be either it might kill COD on the XBOX One because COD is in a horrendous state on the console and I also don't feel like its a revolution to FPS games but a evolution of them. One thing is for sure I think losing Vince Zampella and Jason West in particular as well as most of IW is the biggest loss for COD as they are clearly head and shoulder above and years ahead of any FPS developer out there.

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to alexjt22

It may not 'kill' COD but like you said, it is going to be yet another thing taking away from the FPS population that is already split between 3-4 consoles.

Level 9

in reply to Izjar11

I havent been blown away by it like the hype said I would be. Its a mesh of Unreal Tournament Mech Assault and COD, and more like COD than anything, obviously. I don't understand why there are bots running around giving people free kills. And its MP only, which I think is a waste of potential, it could have established a legendary campaign, rivaling Halo.

Level 20

in reply to Izjar11

It looks nice. The interaction between humans and titans is a nice change from regular shooters.

I'm gonna get it.

And I'm not really into sc-fi stuff. For example I can't stand halo mp. (Got the campaigns in co-op with a friend)

Maybe because I've played a mech game something like 14 years ago. Can't remember which one

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 59

in reply to Izjar11

My bro sent me Titanfall beta code. One of the benefits of him going to uni and not having an xbox. I guess it was kinda a valentines gift to me, lols.\

Loving the interface. You get a tutorial. You get told what server you are on. Sadly for me, South East Asia {150ms} - showing two bar in lobby.  I'm having fun with this even though I totally suck.

Went into the game thinking - "I was never a Halo fan,, probably not going to enjoy this" - alas, at the moment I am.

I don't think it will take over Cod as my personal liking. But, It's nice to enjoy.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

I finally got my beta code last night. Maybe I can invite you into an American lobby? Not sure. I still have to put the code in when I get home.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to bighead14701

Sure - I'm now your friend via Xbox. Just started playing..........I sooo suck. PS do the tutorial

I am very much a lone wolf because I have no rl friends that are gamers, But, I'd gladly set up the mic to play with a fellow OT.

________

in reply to FalconR6

You bet. I did the tutorial during the alpha and that's as far as I got. It will be refreshing to try something new. I know newm8n is trying to get a code as we speak (type).

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to bighead14701

Hope he gets it. I'm showing as a 2 bar to South East Asia {150ms).  To be honest, ping doesn't seem as important. Titanfall is no where as near quick as cod. Gives ping some breathing space.  Anyhows, even if I lag to oblivion it will be fun to play with comrades, 

________

Studios