TitanFall

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

TitanFall

Anyone notice how the release date for TF has been set where the X1 gets it a half month sooner than the 360? Another means to try and drive players to get the X1 so they are not behind. I hope that MS prevents any actual live game play of the story being allowed until the 360 version is out. But I doubt they will, which basically means for those that want to experience for the first time will have it ruined by all the vids on the internet being posted about it.

Seriously makes you wonder about the X1 and how bad the sales must have been for it if they are doing something like this. Plus it sets a precedent where all future games will probably do the same if they come out on both systems. The current or new systems the X1 and PS4 will get them weeks or months earlier to try and drive more players to buy the newer system. And in a few years they will stop making for the older and stop supporting it.

Level 70
28 REPLIES

Re: TitanFall

in reply to trialstardragon

Ps4 is almost 2 million units ahead of xb1. I have both, ps4 is a way better gaming console. Xb1 is a social media box that also plays games.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

The X1 is a just a computer with out the keyboard and mouse...not really a gaming console anymore and that is why it is failing in sales. 99% of the X1 would be useless for me for I dont do all of those social activies nor would I want to do them all on one device. Gaming for console, web for computer, movies or music for computer or dvd player..

The X1 is nothing more than a personal data mining device to try and gather as much personal information about a player for use in marketing and who knows what else over time...X1... the new Big Brother.

Level 70

For me the x1 works awesome. I have it on the main tv kids use for movies wife uses it to search the interwebs and me well gaming and tv.  I will say its pretty limited right now with the apps and games. As for gaming its leaps and bounds better than the 360 which is still usable, so performance really dosnt bother me. By the time the 360 is obsolete they will come out with a x1 slim or something which will bring it up to par.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/c5bc40142143cd495d80b779d96aa194/tumblr_mu6krdD0vF1sne35qo1_500.gif

Level 33

in reply to newm8n

I have both consoles and I can tell you now if you go from the XB1 to the PS4 you can instantly see the difference in performance and graphics.

PS4 is by far the better console for gaming. and considering it outsold XB1 more than 2-1 is still baffling me why Microsoft gets exclusive content for COD.

Level 3

in reply to mynameistizzle

They get the exclusive content because they are willing to pay Activision for it; whereas Sony is too cheap to do so.

Level 70

Plus the XBox Port is made by another Studio... Bluepoint games.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/5/5473016/titanfall-patch-on-xbox-one-causing-console-port-to-lag-behi...

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Found some more info to elaborate on what you said. Some Titanfall 360 talk from Zampella around the 9:30 mark....

Zampella clears up confusion about “the future of Titanfall” showcased at Austin launch event - Game...

Level 75

the only reason that TF is being released on the 360 is because the XBOX community were complaining about all the things Microsoft said at the official xbox one launch day.

Microsoft did not have a back up plan because they thought the new and "improved" way of this one console will change the gaming console for life (HAHA that didn't work out)

As a result of this Microsoft had to (in just 3 months) go back to the drawing board and take out all the shite things like cant share games only being online ect.. the TF game was build around Microsofts first attempt of the Xbone therefore the 360 and one version should have been released at the same time.

So may I say.. We the community are the cause of this set back. we only have ourselves to blame.,

Level 3

in reply to mynameistizzle

That is completely inaccurate. Titanfall is coming to X1, 360, and PC, because EA knew that only releasing on X1 would not be profitable for them. The game would only sell a few million units on launch day and would take a full year to even get to 10 million units sold. For a high profile high cost game those are unacceptable numbers, and the flat fee MS paid to keep the game exclusive would not be enough to justify only releasing on one console. Thats why they are releasing on 360 and PC, EA knows that the game will sell and they will make their money back and then some because the size of the playerbase is of no concern on those systems. Microsoft had nothing to do with the decision to release on 3 platforms, and they have no say on what Respawn does going forward, this was a one time exclusive game that really isn't exclusive at all.

Level 20

Studios