Titanfall won't ever beat this...

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Re: Titanfall won't ever beat this...

COD is still the big Dog but the poorly running and playing Ghost has done obvious damage to the franchise.

Source personnel experience and the fact there are as I type 54355 players online.

Halo was once the console king too but the lackluster Halo 4 multi has no doubt hurt that franchise as well.

Meanwhile we have Titanfall and Destiny soon to be taking a swing.

All bets are off.

Level 19

in reply to Lucent76

I wonder how and when COD will die. The fanbase is deteriorating and new games with new concepts are on the way. I've been playing the TF beta, which is 3x more fun and 10x less frustrating than COD. I honestly believe that more FPS games should have AI grunts to shoot at.

Think if we had grunts in Ghosts, it would balance out the ridiculously large maps and add to the action. TF is way more fun than Ghosts mainly because the bots, but the titans add a whole new level of strategy and combat.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to VECTORdude

COD won't die.  It will just end up being a <10,000 player base in a couple of years.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

It'll fade out eventually, unless something new and innovative comes along to save COD. Our definition of "dead" is different.

Level 14

in reply to Lucent76

Its not top dog on PC, Black ops 2 and Mw3 are over taking concurrent players.

We pc users simply cannot play the game because of how awful the port is.

Level 6

This post is considered off topic and therefore it was moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

CODBlackIce | Forum Moderator

Ghosts, Black Ops 2 & MW3

in reply to codblackice

Level 1

I'm pretty sure moments like what you descried happens in pretty much every FPS.

Level 64

in reply to matuzz

Yep, I said that way up there.   /\

Activision Ambassador

I actually overall think Titanfall has a shot to take down COD on XB1, or at least it will have a genuine opportunity to do so.

The reason why is, being in a titan is a unique enough experience for it to be more than just a competitor to COD, it's more like a new sub-genre of FPS, of even longer TTK combat way beyond Halo.

It has controls responsive enough that it doesn't feel like a knock off or anything, which COD has always been the king of (responsive controls).

The best gametype hands down is Last Titan Standing - which is like SnD but in titans, and has a unique ecosystem to it, a very tremendous gametype that accentuates all the positives of Titanfall.  Starting off in a titan just gets rid of the whole "calling in " of a titan, and instead makes you feel like you "are" the titan.  Also, the Titan vs. Titan action is what everyone wants anyway, it gets rid of all the tedium!

Also, the new albeit smaller issue of objective games recently has been "non objective play"... we are beyond the days of boosting on ghosts, but Last Titan Standing is essentially deathmatch without an objective so there is truly no "non objective play"... this makes this gametype the currently most satisfying gametype spread between both franchises on the Xb1

Level 7

Studios