Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?

Call of Duty Ghosts Off Topic

Highlighted

Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?

in reply to Brendanthekem

I could spawntrap your entire 6 man team on Hijacked, by myself, playing Kill Confirmed. Stop making assumptions, just go play BO2, no one minds.

Level 20

All the maps were two ends, with three paths.  You had a 1/3 chance of guessing where the enemy was coming from.  Every map, you ran to the other side of the map, trying to kill the other team as they spawned, flipped spawns, and repeated.  The maps that were different (drone, turbine) never got voted for.  I had my fun in BO2, but all the maps felt and played the same to me.

Level 29

in reply to NoLifeKing32

BO2 and Ghosts are just different game play styles.... Initially cant lie I hated Ghosts as I had just really mastered BO2 and got lethal at it and enjoyed the really constant action fast pace.. So I was at first playing Ghosts in the same style and was getting inevitably slaughtered... I've slowed down learnt the maps better and as with any game if you start improving and not dieing so much it gets more fun and I'm coming round to it more and more each night... 

The scorestreaks for objective games WAS better in BO2 as there was genuine incentive to play the objective, less so it feels in Ghosts.

Anyone that tells me the spawns were bad in BO2 compared to Ghosts simply cant have played both games.... As already posted in another reply the spawns in BO2 werent that bad unless someone got in your teams spawn and BO2 certainly never led to me spawning with someone stood BEHIND me which does happen in Ghosts although I can see why sort of, its the size of the maps and as I'm rarely in a party on Ghosts the team goes in every direction and I suppose you have to spawn somewhere and if there is no real central point of your team well...

I personally do prefer the maps in Ghosts though, they seem very well done, detailed and more realistic in general than BO2 but I also get the need for the thermal scopes because of these maps as they are a bit more grey and dull in general and so large so maps like tremor I find I need the thermal hybrid to see people and on places like stonehaven from any distance especially if they aren't moving well without it I just wouldn't see them! But I will admit even though I need to use thermals it feels a bit like the TF in BO2 which was just the worst thing ever but there was less excuse in BO2 with the map colors etc you could pretty much always see people plus there was less camping in BO2 so with people moving you spot them.

Just my opinion of course..!

Level 6

in reply to Owsy78

Owsy78 wrote:

Anyone that tells me the spawns were bad in BO2 compared to Ghosts simply cant have played both games.... As already posted in another reply the spawns in BO2 werent that bad unless someone got in your teams spawn and BO2 certainly never led to me spawning with someone stood BEHIND me which does happen in Ghosts although I can see why sort of, its the size of the maps and as I'm rarely in a party on Ghosts the team goes in every direction and I suppose you have to spawn somewhere and if there is no real central point of your team well...

You lost me here. I guess you never played Magma, Vertigo, Detour, Cove, Hijacked, Slums, Nuketown, Encore, Plaza...worst spawns in the history of COD.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

3-4 of those are standard rotation maps, and the rest are DLC, not too bad of a record. Out of all the maps, I can't say I've ever had problems with Plaza of all maps.

Level 8

in reply to zzyzzwix

I could have named them all, I just couldn't be bothered. Multi-kill spawnkilling was possible on any map, except for maybe Turbine which was awful for other reasons. So yeah, its a terrible record.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

I found it was easy to spawntrap in GW Turbine. There are a lot of 200+ kill gameplays on it.

While I thought the spawns weren't that good in that game, at least they were in some form predictable (Unless your d*ckhead teammates decided to invade both major spawns at the same time, that's when you had problems). While the spawns on Hijacked might've been poor, you always knew where they were based on your team's positioning, and whether it was suicide to run out or wait in a corner for them to come to you and take your tags. The spawns on Ghosts KC are as random as they get (I found it like that on MW3 KC as well) and on every other f*cking IW game, as it isn't necessarily limited to just KC. Dom has a different and more predictable method of spawning which I also hate for different reasons. I suppose it doesn't help that these maps f*cking suck as well.

Level 8

in reply to Owsy78

I agree with many of your sentiments Owsy78.

The scorestreak system was awesome in BO2 compared to Ghosts as you saw the majority of people going for the objective in BO2, Ghosts it is the complete opposite.

Spawns are only affected if you cross the line into their spawn area and it is true that you can only effectively spawntrap in Demo.

Agree with teh Ghosts thermal use, it is the reason I use thermal sight in Ghosts as the common playstyle is stealth and strategic.

Add this to the bland, gray-washed maps with Ghillie suit and they are so damn hard to see !

I don't think either is better but I do believe that BO2 was more fun.

Level 38

The BO2 maps were far from diverse. Infact hardly any of Treyarchs maps in any of their COD games are diverse. Maps like Dig from WAW and Nuketown from BO1 and Raid or Hijacked from BO2. If you notice every map has a large middle area and everything else is an object of some sort on both sides of the map to pick people off. Every map followed the same pattern examples being Hijacked, Raid, Drone, Plaza etc..

Level 6

Ghosts is better.

blops2 all the maps looked like my 7 year old had painted them.

you had little kids running around with a  pistol or sniper the game was a mess.

I played it for 12 months I can't count the number of times we went and played the old cod games just to have some fun... blops was a game made for little kids long may it stay in the box.

I can't believe all the people that come on here and say blops was a good game can you all not remember all the posts on this very site saying fix your game bigger maps nurf this and that emp op every post was op this op that.

Ghosts has it right for me my only problems are the spawns and cheats but its still a great game.

Thanks for reading this is my opinion on ghosts v blops2.

Level 9

Studios