Able to run on max settings?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Able to run on max settings?

Like the title says i wonder if i can play ghost on max setting, maybe hard to know but just guess.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

6GB DDR3

Intel Core i5-3570K ( ivy bridge )

Level 1
34 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Able to run on max settings?

in reply to Jeeeespeer

Nope, you won't be able to run Ghosts at max setting with GTX 660. Though the IW game engine is not that power hungry as the Dunia engine used in Far Cry 3 or even the Frostbite engine used in Battlefield 3 the GTX 660 is just not powerful enough to run the game at max setting. I'm using (2) watercooled EVGA GTX 680 SC on SLI & I even had hard time running Far Cry 3 at max setting without the frame rate dropping around 55-60 fps.

Level 5

in reply to Southpawgamer

Well, apparently, the game engine of CoD: Ghosts (based on Quake engine from 1996!) seems to be indeed a “little” power hungry when compared to other PC games with (better?) graphic issues:
e.g. BF4 (release on 31.Okt2013):

BF4 minimum:
- OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-bit (with Platform Update KB971512)
- Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHZ / 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 4GB
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon 3870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
- Graphics Memory: 512MB
- Hard Drive: 30GB

BF4 Recommended:
- Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU / Quad-Core Intel CPU
- Memory: 8GB
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon 7870 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 660
- Graphics Memory: 3GB
- Hard Drive: 30GB

Well, it may be that there is no menu for setting the graphics options in CoD Ghosts, Which would explain in a way why is there only ONE request to the computer system and no minimum and recommended requirements?!?

The same with Crysis3 that was already released and has great graphics by much lower PC requirements! PLUS the user (customer!) got the possibility to change graphic options based on his PC (Minimum and Maximum requirements).

Also strange, that Activision/IW call NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 on the same level as a ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870… this must be joke!! ;-)

And whats up with these 40GB free space you need for this game? Is there a HD-Movie included?

Level 3

in reply to Jeeeespeer

Unless they reveal recommended or max settings spec, no one will give you an answer..

Level 3

in reply to Jeeeespeer

Jeeeespeer wrote:

Like the title says i wonder if i can play ghost on max setting, maybe hard to know but just guess.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

6GB DDR3

Intel Core i5-3570K ( ivy bridge )

It depends on what resolution you are playing at.

I have just upgraded my dad's graphics card from a Gigabyte Windforce GTX660, and he was able to run Battlefield 3 maxed out at 1080p.

Yes the Engine for COD is more resource hungry than the ones used in Battlefield and a few other games but, I would strongly suspect that you should be able to run it maxed out or pretty close to maxed out at 1080p.

If you struggle to though, just turn some settings down or drop the resolution it's that simple.

I play most games with no AA since most games don't need it on my monitor, but seeing as my pc can max any game out at 1080p I have no issues with this to be honest.

Level 25

in reply to Jeeeespeer

"Max" would definitely be arguable but it should be able to run it well. "Max" really depends on what forms of AA they have and how heavy those Nvidia-exclusive features will turn out.

High-fidelity Physx is a killer, just like any form of super-/downsampling.

Level 13

in reply to Jeeeespeer

youll be just fine....

i play BF3 on max with a gtx 460 1gb, amd phenom II x4 970 @ 3.5 GHz , 4 GBs of RAM at 1440x900p

ill maybe have to up my ram but your specs are better then mine so youll be fine

Level 1

in reply to Jeeeespeer

That's pure BS. The Frostbite engine in Battlefield is more power hungry than IW engine. Of the 3 (Dunia, Frostbite & IW) it's the IW that uses up less graphic resources but it doesn't mean also that it's not power hungry. The older version of Frostbite on Medal of Honor 2010 used up less power than that of the newer Frosbite on Battlefield 3.

This is a dose of reality my friend. Don't listen to people running Nividia 400 or even the 500 series (this include the high end 500 series GTX 580 single & GTX 590 dual GPU video cards) that they can max out Battlefield cuz it's not true. The low end GTX 660 (including the TI version) is less powerful than the older GTX 580 & GTX 590 & can't max out Battlefield 3. Running the game at max & you'll end up lagging. It takes a toll particularly on AA, MSAA & V Sync.

Level 5

in reply to Southpawgamer

By max i ment high sry for that..

but i used the auto adjust the graphics and everything is on high at 1440x900

and the nvidia geforce experience optimal are that i set them on ultra but on ultra i get 30 fps with alot of drop on high i get fro 40-45 constant fps

Level 1

in reply to TheNICEperson

High is not "ultra" is not max. Max means the highest setting for everything. That, of course, includes things like AO or maximum AA.

So yes, 4xx series may surely run the game on high. Ultra won't work and AA won't either (apart from post-AA, which doesn't cost much, of course).

Level 13

Studios