Attention, here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Attention, here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters

Attention,  here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters..... All that is needed is a voting system.  If a player is hacking, Any player can place a request for a vote to kick ( almost the same if you wanted to mute someone).  A small transparent window will be placed on the game screen with the players name to kick.  Press "y" for yes and "n" for No.  If the hacker gets enough votes,  that player is kicked...  Simple....simple... simple.

Level 1
37 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Attention, here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters

in reply to tomanycheaters

I use to play on PC so I feel yeah. The one thing that worries me is that if a player is doing legitimately well solo and the other team has a clan, they can simply vote yes to kick them to save there own hides. I'm NOT saying that cheating doesn't exist, especially on PC but I just wanted to throw in my thoughts and maybe there's a way to prevent this in finding a solution. Good luck.

Level 48

tomanycheaters wrote:

Attention,  here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters..... All that is needed is a voting system.  If a player is hacking, Any player can place a request for a vote to kick ( almost the same if you wanted to mute someone).  A small transparent window will be placed on the game screen with the players name to kick.  Press "y" for yes and "n" for No.  If the hacker gets enough votes,  that player is kicked...  Simple....simple... simple.

No.

Someone already suggested this in another thread. Bottom line is that if you have a system like this it WILL be abused. Really bad players who can't handle people better than them will abuse it, and good players who can't handle a challenge will abuse it. In MW3, there was a vote kick system and from the little bit I played of it it was abused a lot even when there were no hackers.

It's a decent idea on paper, but in practice its terrible. Dedicated, player-run servers would solve this instantly.

Level 4

in reply to Rethill21

Player run servers have there own set of problems.. I've played on many.

The guys that run the server can cheat- very common that the cheaters just buy there own server.

They can kick/ban you because they feel like it (don't ever kill them god forbid)

They can make rules on what you can and can not use in-game or how you use it- then kick/ban you.

They kick/ban players that are real good even if there is no evidence of cheating.

Level 13

in reply to Tactics74

There may be dedicated servers out there like that, but that's not ALL dedicated servers and it certainly isn't the majority. We run CoDWaW servers and have run CoD4 servers and are the total opposite of what you state here. User dedicated servers and admin tools are certainly a much better choice than what you have right now - getting owned by cheaters who have their own Steam group. Whatever little group is out there running servers like that, you don't have to play there and you aren't forced back there like a lobby system does. You find some servers and admin that are proper and stick with those servers. Spread the word even. Become a regular there and if you know your stuff you could call out cheaters and they can ban.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLv5rsgH8M6e1TwOry9sPEQ
Level 20

in reply to PDE_PaulKersey

Good reply Paul.  My own clan used to run COD4 and BLOPs servers for the longest time and they were always full because not only did we not tolerate cheats but we played by a code of ethics within the game that included no foul or abusive language.  Players quickly spread the word about our servers and we had a large group of regulars that remained outside the clan but were always very welcome.

Of course we always got those coming in that would try to disrupt things but they didn't last long.  Not only that but we always had new maps every month from the community - the games NEVER got stale and that is what is needed again.

Level 2

in reply to Rethill21

IW's version MW3 didn't have a vote to kick, maybe your talking about delta's version?

Level 5

Re: Attention,  here is the fix for the pc version of cheaters

in reply to D0T-C0M

D0T-C0M wrote:

IW's version MW3 didn't have a vote to kick, maybe your talking about delta's version?

Damn, maybe. I didn't play enough MW3 but I distinctly remember a votekick in it so it was probably Delta.

Granted, it was STILL abused in Delta, despite the fact that people loved to cheat in that. Heck I got kicked almost every time I popped a Gunner in Delta.

Level 4

in reply to Rethill21

There was a vote kick system in the official MW3 game but it was in the Dedicated Servers part of it.

It was abused by anyone who didn't want to play against people who were better than them.

I won't post the video again, but I was kicked by a group of people on a server because I got around 8 kills in 2 minutes on MW3 and they hated it, after 2.5 minutes I was kicked from the server.

Vote Kick should not be in any game.

Level 25

Not simple at all, this would be terrible. Everytime I'm gonna have a good game I'm going to get kicked. I've never got a KEM strike or a >5 KD game without everyone else crying hacks.

Level 1

Studios