Cod ghost mod tools for PC

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Cod ghost mod tools for PC

Hey guys! I just saw on Mark Rubins twitter that he stated himself that they are working on Mod tools for Cod ghost on PC! Have you guys heard of this yet? Im so freakin hyped! Just go to his twitter and watch on october 7 and you should see it! This is awesome for the PC community, might buy cod ghost if its true!

This is what he wrote!

7 Oct   

Tintindye I hope so, but the work hasn't started so promising wouldn't be nice of me. Also started designing out mod tools for PC. Will see

So what do you guys think? Will this make you buy the game if its true? I sure will if its true!

Level 1
18 REPLIES

Re: Cod ghost mod tools for PC

in reply to rissoxx

I was hyped too, at least they mentioned it this year.

But only time will tell if it is only a cheap marketing technique or a real project

Level 5

in reply to rissoxx

When i ask if it will happen for sure the answer was NO. it just a hope. its not the first time IW use that trick  ...

Level 7

in reply to rissoxx

dont buy game until it comes out so you can see will there be mod tools and if you even like the game easy like that...

Level 1

in reply to n1Assassin

Yeah indeed, but if we get real dedicated servers that are atleast rent-able I might buy it. But optimal would be REAL dedicated servers and mod tools. Dont know why its so damn hard for them to understand! We had it in Cod4 and then they removed it? They are so damn stupid.

Level 1

in reply to rissoxx

Actually, we're the ones who are stupid. We don't know how we like to play the game so we need IW to tell us.

Level 5

in reply to rissoxx

If we put our analytical heads on and take a harder look at Mark Rubin’s choice of words, we can analyse it for hidden meanings. In his second sentence he says “Started designing out Mod tools for PC”. This statement throws us out a bone, one which we are all dying to chew on. However, the two words “Mod tools” are not the most interesting words he has chosen to use. The two most interesting words come next - “Will see”. Basically he has hinted at giving us something and then taken it away. This gives us hope that the Holy Grail of PC gaming will perhaps appear? But it is in no way a confirmation that they ACTUALLY will appear. So is it a marketing strategy to boost PC sales? Or is it a genuine statement making us aware of some work which is happening at the IW studios? Only time will tell and confirm which question is indeed correct. And as individuals we can make up our own minds which one is correct? However the plot thickens and with a little bit of investigating, we may have discovered the true answer?

Infinity Ward asked this question via Twitter on 30th July 2013:-

Infinity Ward @InfinityWard30 Jul

What #‎GhostsMP details are most important to you? We're listening. #‎Aug14 pic.twitter.com/Yoxe72pHgP

View photo

So how many people answered and said Mod tools? How many people said dedicated servers? The answers were obviously collated and entered into a database and guess which press releases came out shortly afterwards? Oh yes 2 plus 2 does indeed equal 4. The real question is have we all been the victim’s of a clever marketing strategy or not? Only the post-launch support will answer that question. And this is where we will find out for-sure if this is just a clever marketing tactic or not? Both Eric Hirshberg and Mark Rubin have gone on record stating that CoD Ghosts will get the best post-launch support ever. Mark has also further stated that the PC version will get features added post-launch. I hope and pray that IW does deliver as promised and Ghosts will be the game to play for many years to come? But that’s only if features like Mod tools and proper ranked and rentable dedicated servers, with a server browser are implemented into the game. The PC community is holding its breath Infinity Ward, please DO NOT let us Suffocate!!!

Level 7

in reply to CYBER-NINJA-187

A very well written reply! If its just a marketing strategy I will be very mad. But at the same time they have done this alot of times already, MW2 and MW3. So I wouldnt be surprised if its just a "scam". But this time around I will wait until we get mod tools and REAL dedicated servers and a server browser. If we dont get it, then they wont get my money, easy as that.

Level 1

in reply to rissoxx

LOL thanks.

Just spotted this, more TwitterChatter:-

1. 1. Michael @MrPeanutSmith17 Oct

@IWMarkRubin Any updates about possible Ghosts mod tools?

1. 2. Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin17 Oct

@MrPeanutSmith Nothing firm but we are still looking at the work involved and breaking down the tasks. I'm still very hopeful

I guess very hopeful is a step forwards??? Now where are those Jedi mind tricks when you need them? Altogether now - ‘You will develop and release Mod tools for the PC!’.    

Level 7

in reply to CYBER-NINJA-187

Well very hopeful might not be a step forward, but we can allways hope. I really hope we get mod tools and real dedicated servers. But I will wait until we actually have it, and then buy it. Dont know why its so hard for them to give straigth awnsers!

Level 1

Studios