Don't waste your money, no rentable dedicated = No Buy

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: Don't waste your money, no rentable dedicated = No Buy

in reply to MrAdaptability

Thats why P2P and IWNET its a bad system

Level 7

in reply to Tintindye

P2P isn't the problem, the small playerbase of PC is the problem. P2P works just fine with a large playerbase in terms of connectivity. P2P has it's own share of problems granted but the small playerbase is the issue in this instance, not P2P itself.

Level 8

The question is why? the answer is most of the people dont want to play this system. Why there more player on MW1 then MW2, MW3 and BO2 ? Most of the player wnat to play on rentable dedicated server. A lot of players leave this game for Battlefield. Yes the system is the issue. Give me a game whit PC feature not a console game foc PC.

Level 7

in reply to Tintindye

PC gaming is a relatively niche community, compared to consoles. So that' why. Consoles are the moneymakers and the mainstream. Compare peak times of console vs PC players in any given multiplatform game. Console playercount will always dwarf PC, that's just how it is. P2P works perfectly fine with large amounts of players from all around the world. I would welcome rentable servers and mod tools back with open arms, but I'm not delusional. A lot of PC gamers are some of the most entitled gamers I have ever seen. They're releasing the game for PC, be happy. If you can't enjoy a game without rentable servers/mod tools I pity you, because you're missing out on a LOT of great gaming.

Level 8
Highlighted

false, there still around 100 000 players on MW1 actually. The question is why dont want to play MW2, MW3, and  BO2. The answer is easy hack fest, lag comp fest,  Mathmaking no server browser. AND THEY ARE NOT A PC GAME. i know a lot of chrismast noob will like those game but the communnity is smaller year after year cauz the game is just a cheaper copy of MW1 and a console game for PC whit no PC feature.

Level 7

in reply to Tintindye

You're cherry-picking, what about W@W or BO1? Both had rentable servers and server browsers. W@W had mod tools as well. Go check out either of them, they have smaller playerbases than MW2,MW3 and BO2. COD4 is the most played because it was and is still the best COD game.Not because of rentable servers or mod tools, because it's an amazing and timeless game like CS or TF2. If the game is on PC, it's a PC game. If you don't want to get the game then that's fine. I'm going to get it and I'm going to enjoy it because I am capable of enjoying games that don't use custom servers/mod tools/servers browsers. If you're not, that's your loss my friend.

Level 8

BO1 bad bad but realy bad optimisation, unplayable whit dual core, WAW or MW1 hummmmmmmmmmm MW1 no one wants to play whit old gun come on its Modern warfare. COD now is developped for console and adapted for PC exactly the same game. Just BO2 little bit different graphic just horrible on PC like console

Level 7

in reply to Tintindye

But BO1 and W@W both had these essential PC features that you claim have been missing for far too long and are the answer to all of the COD PC woes. Can't have it both ways. Sounds to me you just don't like COD anymore. If that's the case, well then you have the right to your opinion. But let's not blame the decline of COD on PC in your eyes directly on no mod tools, custom servers or server browsers.

Level 8

the  only thing i want its server brower and a tool to ban hackers  and  8 vs 8 and i will be happy COME ON its a PC game.

PS: im still,playing BO1 on BIA clan server no cheater no lag a lot of fun.

Level 7

in reply to Tintindye

COD needs a vote kick option similar to Crysis games. Any player can initiate a vote kick to kick a player from the lobby and it requires the majority of the lobby to either vote yes or ignore to the vote kick. Sure it could be abused but server admins can abuse their power just as easily. This is a good way to let the playerbase police themselves.

Level 8

Studios