Ghosts FOV Unlocker Tool. Urgent response needed.

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Ghosts FOV Unlocker Tool. Urgent response needed.

Inb4 all the kids that think this is a hack or cheat. It's in almost every FPS game. Battlefield games go up to 120. It's something that's been in games since Quake.

Just a straight forward question. Will this get you VAC banned? Considering FOV changer tools were mentioned  on the forums  and a dev confirmed  that we were allowed to use it in MW3. The same guy released one for MW2 also.

Level 1
31 REPLIES

Re: Ghosts FOV Unlocker Tool. Urgent response needed.

in reply to Scrullet11

Im pretty sure you wont get vac banned for changing your fov with external program. Its not a hack and should not be detected as one. It also hasnt been before. I used it for MW3, so I guess you wont be banned in Ghost either.

Level 1

in reply to Scrullet11

Not sure I think it only involves Official multiplayer online servers that will get you banned I think you could be allowed to use it off of steam servers and in single player.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

It only works for multiplayer at the moment. I just don't see why a lot of people are complaining on the Steam Hub about it saying it's an advantage over other players and that they should be banned for hacking. It's clearly a feature that SHOULD be in the game. Sitting in front of a monitor capped at 65 field of view gives you a headache unless you have like eyes made of steel. I hope this gets answered by a dev or community manager.

Level 1

in reply to Scrullet11

I wish this was an option on console.  You think it will be available next gen?

Level 7

in reply to PinkBootsOn

No. The reason why it's locked at 65 is because the PC gets the console version. Consoles have a low field of view because they aint powerful enough to render more on the screen.

Level 1

in reply to Scrullet11

You also tend to be sitting further away from the screen with a console, making a lower FoV more appropriate. On PC though it's essential to be able to go up to AT LEAST 80

Level 1

in reply to Scrullet11

Hopefully I watched a video on it and it didn't seem like an advantage it seemed like a disadvantage so to be banned for something like that would be stupid.

Level 23

in reply to Scrullet11

I feel the same way, it gives a headache or nausia

Level 1

in reply to Scrullet11

I asked Activision support and they explicitly stated that one should not use a third party tool. It will be considered a hack. It's a bit odd since Black Ops 2 has the option built-in. Would be nice if IW would start putting it in.

Level 1

Studios