Ghosts: PC vs Console - Help?!

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Ghosts: PC vs Console - Help?!

Guys! I'm totally, over the top excited for Ghosts. I am counting down the seconds until Ghosts comes out. I have a few questions I need answering to ease my mind though. Here they are!

Is there any differences between Console and PC versions of the game?

What are these differences?

Will the 'next gen' graphics from the Xbox One game play be available on PC? Or will it just look like current gen consoles, fully maxed out?

Overall, Is it worth getting in on PC?

I have the money to pre-order now and I'm definitely getting the game, I'm just trying to decide on a platform. Thanks for the help guys!

Level 1
38 REPLIES

Re: Ghosts: PC vs Console - Help?!

in reply to Thramo

Thramo wrote:

Overall, Is it worth getting in on PC?

Overall... no it's not worth getting on PC...

Both PC and consoles will use matchmaking, so fundamentally there is no difference besides number of players and hackers. You can even get a kb/m for the consoles...

The PC version will have an extremely small community, which results in long wait times, extreme (even unplayable) lag, many game modes will be empty most of the time, hacks will be abundant, there will be no way to remove them, and avoiding them will be extremely difficult.

The console version will have an extremely large community, which results in far less lag, all game modes populated, hacks are rare and much easier to avoid since there are more players.

Any minor graphics improvements the PC might get, are certainly not worth the horrible experience of console gaming on PC.

Level 4

in reply to ProperDedisNeed

Are you F* serious?

It is either Keyborad and mice or a controller.

THAT is the difference.

THe only reason I will never ever play online on a console is the fact that I cant use a keyborad and mice there.

Level 5

in reply to Thramo

Console will have a lot larger playerbase, which means when you connect to listen servers the experience will be better on console. Since the game uses dedis and listen servers it sounds like it may be a crapshoot regarding connection. If connected to dedis on PC you wont have any lag issues, but if you connect to a listen server, well then all bets are off. Hacking on the next-gen consoles will be minimal compared to PS3/360/PC for a while after release. So that's something to keep in mind. The problem with a larger playerbase is you also have a lot more kids and idiots on console.

The playerbase on PC means some of the game modes will more than likely remain unplayed a couple months after release. If you use BO2 as an example the only reasonably populated modes are TDM/DOM/SnD and KC. Hardpoint is dead, HQ is dead, CTF has a pretty small amount of players in the playlist as well. On PC you of course get the accuracy of kb+mouse, better visuals but at the cost of a smaller population. On console you sacrifice controls, visuals and a more mature population.

So I'd decide based on what is most important to you. Also as a side note the kb+mouse support on consoles is pathetic and doesn't remotely replicate the experience of gaming on PC. You can get adapters but all they do is force your kb+mouse to emulate analog input, which is a terrible experience.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

MrAdaptability wrote:

If connected to dedis on PC you wont have any lag issues,

Sorry but this is just blatantly untrue. Black Ops 2 connects to dedi's and it has extremely unplayable lag.

The small community on PC and the very nature of what matchmaking does is guaranteed to produce extreme lag from connecting people across the globe...

Level 4

in reply to ProperDedisNeed

Black Ops 2 is laggy period. P2P/Dedis, Console/PC. Doesn't matter. It's just got shitty netcode, like every other Teryarch game. MW2 is much less laggy than BO2 on PC and it is P2P with a fraction of the playerbase. IW is just better at at online MP connectivity and consistency.

Level 8

Correction. OLD IW was better, untill the minds of IW left. Just look at how MW3 performed vs MW2 netcode wise, no contest the IW we have now is a shadow of its former self.

Level 6

in reply to damze

There were also 3 separate development teams working on MW3. We have no idea which of them was responsible for the netcode. Could have been IW, SledgeHammer or Raven. IW made one bad COD game and that I believe was due to the loss of like you say a big part of the original dev team. Now they're back to full strength and I am optimistic Ghosts will be a return to form.

Level 8

Hard to believe the experience is ever better on console for anything.

Level 9

in reply to Thramo

I have always liked matchmaking over dedicated servers. i can deal with some lag and what not. if i don't have to deal with getting kicked because i am using the "wrong gun" or the "wrong perk"  if it is in the game it should and can be used.

As for pc vs console I like pc because it has much better controls. i like my learning curve to be in game not on the controller.

Level 1

Studios