Hackers are taking over.

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Hackers are taking over.

Wallhackers/Aimbotters are everywhere now. I don't know what's changed, but it's incredibly frequent now.

Please do something about it already, this is really absurd. It seems like zero resources are being poured into controlling this problem on PC.

Level 1
129 REPLIES

Re: Hackers are taking over.

in reply to bwsrpnch

Those clowns have been infecting this game for months, nothing new. Do yourself a favor and just play something else because this game has fallen off the road and into the gutter long ago. It's sad, the game could have been awesome but they don't care about PC. More importantly DO NOT BUY the next game for this series. We all need to stand on this and let them know we will not tolerate garbage games with poor support and no active anti-cheat any longer.

Level 9

in reply to bwsrpnch

LMAO everywhere? define everywhere

Level 8

in reply to bwsrpnch

There is certainly more hackers these days, I think it started when they did the "Free Weekend"

It gives them chance to "feel the water" see if hacks work before buying the game.

Very suspicious when you get a player with less than 1 hrs game play just owning every game.

Makes it even more frustrating when you can see evidence in the kill cam.... yes reported.. but yes still playing.

Level 3

in reply to Born51uk

Yes, plenty of evidence in those killcams, And these noob losers who need cheats to play have the nerve to deny they cheat.

And if you spent anytime playing squad asault and watch the killcam for the AI it makes it extremely easy to identify the cheaters. because the AI uses the same aimbot that many cheater try to use "discreetly" throughout the round.

Sorry morons/cheaters, it's easy to spot you with all the tools they give us. I can watch an AI character all day and study it so when a player in game does what the ai does. like->(double pivot at me. 1st when i'm behind a wall then as soon as the ai make it in the same space as me it makes a second perfect pivot) when things like this happen more than once per round where this player keeps doing double takes at my location (just like the AI)  this makes it very obvious that your a cheater. especially when I'm not on radar, it's 100% cheating. And they still deny. it's beyond stupidity, but i guess that's what you get from a cheating/lying mind. Their minds are so stupid and slow they can't realize how easy it is to spot them.

Anyway this game sucks, they all suck. bo2 bo1 are loaded with cheaters, and no one is admining the bo1 servers. many cheaters in those games as well. you can cheat any of the cod series as easy as the next. tons of clans still pretending they are skilled when they are just cheaters etc etc. nothing too good is going on in pc, it's just way to easy to cheat.

Level 8

in reply to Mr_Pistolero

it's not just the pc platform with cheaters. xbox has just as many of them. I think we will all start to see in the very near future that it doesn't matter what platform a game is on anymore... this phenomena has already begun with ghosts and titanfail.

Level 9

in reply to SeeVee

Yes I'm pretty sure cheating on xbox is easy as hooking your xbox to your pc with usb and install cheats on the xbox with your pc. (pretty sure that's how they do it)

I'm not 100% sure how xbox bans work but I think the punishment for xbox bans are a bit more severe than pc. I think on xbox getting caught cheating for 1 game means your xbox system is banned and you won't be able to play any of your games online.

For many pc games it's as easy as (i just downloaded another cracked copy of the game (for free) with another steam account (for free) and I'm back cheating and annoying everyone with a free cheat.

And if you buy a cheat and go to the cheat site everyday before you play to confirm that the cheat isn't detected (which there are many coders selling cheats that are in fact undetected for pc) you might be getting away with cheating pc games for years.  It's just way to widespread on pc (everyone knows) exactly where to get the undetected cheats and they want to lie and pretend they are real gamers. it's to much nonsense. they are not going to ever give the servers back to the community this filed with widespread/mass cheating.

The dream of making a clan controlling a popular server and getting yourself recognition as great gamers with undetected cheats and calling everyone else noobs who recognize the cheats and booting these players from your servers is over. they will never give the servers back to the community that creates all these cheats & cheatsites to destroy the game.

Level 8

in reply to Mr_Pistolero

wrote: "The dream of making a clan controlling a popular server and getting yourself recognition as great gamers with undetected cheats and calling everyone else noobs who recognize the cheats and booting these players from your servers is over. they will never give the servers back to the community that creates all these cheats & cheatsites to destroy the game."

------------------------------------------

The thing is, doesn't matter if they have their own server and they all cheat on it. You just go play on a server that bans people who cheat (which there are much more of those than what you describe above). Because the community doesn't have dedicated servers they can control, these cheaters are more out of control because they can infect the whole system while the community has no direct way to combat the idiots ruining the fun of the game. Most of the time these cheaters/hackers just stay on their own servers 95% of the time because when they cheat on what I will refer to as a "good, legit and fun" pub server they would get banned and admins would share the game-key/steamID of these cheaters/hackers with other admins and soon these bad peeps were banned from a bunch of servers they never even connected to.

Now that's what I call proactive community policing and it has proven to be super effective in the games still played today that have free public dedicated servers.

These smack tards target games that people are powerless in like cod ghosts. Games that have public admins have much less occurrences of what is happening with ghosts and titanfail right now.

Level 9

in reply to SeeVee

SeeVee wrote:

The thing is, doesn't matter if they have their own server and they all cheat on it. You just go play on a server that bans people who cheat (which there are much more of those than what you describe above). Because the community doesn't have dedicated servers they can control, these cheaters are more out of control because they can infect the whole system while the community has no direct way to combat the idiots ruining the fun of the game.

There are far to few legit server admins and players on pc to make it worth while. If you can't seem to notice. Most of our community is cheating. (that's why there are so many sites selling cheats. you think they keep popping up because people arent buying these cheats? maybe you don't want to believe it but more people sign up to play with cheats on pc than there are legit players. no one has the fact on this but if your going to sit here and say that's not possible i'd have to say your crazy.

Again there wouldn't be that many cheat sites up trying to make a profit if only a few hundred people were buying them.. all those sites arent up there because 2k out of the 40k buy cheats. the reality is possibly like 10k-20k of the 40k buy cheats on pc. 50/50 is the fair average. the consiquence on pc is nothing but buy a new game/cdkey.

SeeVee wrote:

Most of the time these cheaters/hackers just stay on their own servers 95% of the time because when they cheat on what I will refer to as a "good, legit and fun" pub server they would get banned and admins would share the game-key/steamID of these cheaters/hackers with other admins and soon these bad peeps were banned from a bunch of servers they never even connected to.

Yes in my experience with admins all they ban is extremely obvious cheating (they ban the guy who shoots 17 people through walls in 1 second. But the slightly above avarage player who is also using cheats that you ask him to look into never pans out. They all pretend like there is no such thing as "stealth cheaters" (skilled gamers who use cheats). and they don't ban any of these guys.

let's stop dancing around the fact that there are skilled players using cheats to make themselves a little too good. many "part time" players can't spot these cheaters but I know who they are when I see them in action and yet I have to hear their bs about how they are legit because they use an undetected cheat.

These are the guys making up the bulk of the pc community-> the guys who are skilled and hide the cheat well. If all the cheating on pc was those guys who are so obvious (aimbotting everyone through walls) then you would see those obvious guys in every single server probably 3 per server shooting everyone through walls. But where are they? oh right der.. most of the cheaters are skilled players using it for the edge when they need it. that's who make up the 10's of thousands of pc gamers signed up to those cheatsites. It's not "wild bill aimbot" that these cheat-sites create cheats for. It's for players who want to win online competitions..

(inbound sarcasm)

(Oh look at me I'm an admin i run a legit server i banned the cheater!!  did you see that 1 player all week with the aimbot shooting all of us through walls? yep i caught him!!)

did you catch any stealth cheaters?

(nope)

oh so your telling me all the players at the top of your server leaderboards are for real? really? oh your such a good admin.

(over)

Again. the pc is a waste because of the mass stealth cheating the community tries to get away with. It's a plague.

My advice to anyone who wants to continue playing this game is, Play "squad assault" and for online gaming use the console where you don't have decades of cheaters trying to use cheats along with their mediocre talent to beat you.

Level 8

in reply to Mr_Pistolero

You're wrong about that mate. If cheaters are banned on steam they need to buy the game again, you can't just download a cracked copy and play for free. You can only download and play the campaign for free. As for xbox, there is a lot less cheaters because xbox's need to be modded in order for them to run cheats. And you are right that the punishments are a lot more severe so I guess that deters people from using them.

On PC its as simple as going to hacking website, downloading for free and using them. I am not going to name the sites here because we already have enough hackers. The only way hacking will stop or be reduced is if these free sites are shut down,  but I doubt that will happen.

But I still don't think there are that many hackers in ghosts, I have been accused 4 times since last night just because I go on 20 kill streaks. People mistake skill for hacks and its understandable because once you see one hacker its easy to think that everyone is. But really most people should just practice more, then even people with wallhacks can't beat you if your reactions and map awareness is better than theirs.

I think most of the blatant hackers were banned when the first ban wave came in at the end of last year, and the numbers on ghosts went down a lot. I follow these hacking website just to see what is being released and who is being banned and I know for sure people are being banned, so just stop worrying about hackers and practice more

Level 4

Studios