How long does it take to get someone banned?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

How long does it take to get someone banned?

Yes we all know the game is full of hackers, some might want to try and hide that fact, but does anyone actually know about the ban system in terms of how long it actually takes from report to ban? has anyone tracked a hacker by adding them to steam friends and finding a few days/weeks later that they are now banned? i've seen tons of hackers in high prestiges, so they seem to be getting away with it for weeks, but i cant keep track of them all and i dont want to add them because of the way we can always change our names in steam, it would be too hard to actually know, whos who unless you pay specific attention to their groups/friends/games etc.

Anyone got even the slightest idea?

Level 6
38 REPLIES

Re: How long does it take to get someone banned?

in reply to JustBetter1

VAC bans every couple of weeks. They ban every marked account. VAC bans are final and not up to discussions, are never lifted and are permanent.

Once I heard they ban as often as once per week, sometimes it seems they allow cheaters to play for many months. There is no exact info available on VAC bans.

There could also be Infinity Ward bans, but those are even less predictable.

-edit-

Any comments made by me related to VAC bans have no meaning if COD:Ghosts doesn't use VAC, and I'm not sure what anti-cheat they use.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

yes i know how the VAC bans operate, i was mainly asking about the IW (ingame reporting) bans, just wondering if anyone is keeping tabs on them or has any idea, hopefully might hear from someone within IW (candy) or AV (mods here).

Level 6

in reply to JustBetter1

As far as I know, they're constantly reviewing reports and making changes where necessary. Although each case would be unique and there would be no time frame for them (from 1 second to infinity, depends on too many factors).

For example, I haven't seen any prestige 10 players for at least 2 days now, it seems those were reset already.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

thats not a good thing, the only people that would have been prestige 10 would be the people hosting the xp lobbies, that or people who added the hosts and purposefully joined in, to me thats cheating. Ok there are cases where at low peek times, you may not be able to join any other games in certain regions and be forced into those lobbies game after game and for those people i feel sorry, but to just reset them boils my blood, just another great reason for dedi servers at least that way there would be clear cut ways to point out exactly whos hosting these lobbies and ban them permanently.

Level 6

in reply to YuriUA

Ok there is a lot of miss-information here:

VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) is not admin controlled, no-one is "letting them play for a few months", the way it operates is, VAC is a warden program that reads game memory and attempts to detect if the game files have been changed in any way, such as hack injectors. (this is why wall hacks are harder to ban as they sometimes don't interact with the game but instead overlay).

As far as IW bans, that is handled via reports by @IWEnforcers/in-game and last time I've seen the banhammer being handled by the previous Infinity Ward's CM and after his departure @Candyslexia, Both of the last two probably do not handle banning anymore. (not sure)

And as for keeping tabs on bans, no they don't.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to Starbuck_OS

VAC does use a delay banning system though so "letting them away with it" is quite accurate. Its a way of catching out large numbers in bulk as the hacker cannot tell when his hack has been detected and therefore cannot tell people when to stop using a certain hack. Though many hackers use VAC bypasses. Bancandy/candyslexia was in charge of banning on MW3 and look how that turned out

Level 6

in reply to JustBetter1

Whatever they are doing it's not working. there are more hackers on everyday and nothing seems to be done about it.

And it's not helped by the lack of communication from IW.

Level 3

in reply to JustBetter1

Bancandy turned out great, in-fact with the assistance of Xifons reporting tool it was amazing, it lowered the hacker numbers to almost nothing for several months, unfortunately there was unforeseen bugs with the tool and they discontinued it, thus the effort of uploading a video of a hacker was too painful and once again they started to flood the lobbies.

Level 6

in reply to Starbuck_OS

can't tell if you're a troll or not, but i think you are. havent you admitted getting banned in other threads?

Level 6

Studios