How long does it take to get someone banned?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: How long does it take to get someone banned?

in reply to YuriUA

Compare:

Ghosts - http://i.imgur.com/E5FJl9Q.jpg

Black Ops II - http://i.imgur.com/cliuRzN.jpg

edit/note: most of BO2's Bans were in the form of TAC bans and not VAC Bans. Meaning they (TAC/IAC/etc) do not show-up on players Steam accounts.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

Because of hacked lobbies I do not think they can say for sure that evey person on the leaderboards flagged with erroneous data is definitely hacking.  A large portion on the leaderboard are probably hacking but because they cannot determine which are and are not they have chosen to do nothing.

Level 5

in reply to JustBetter1

JustBetter wrote:

Yes we all know the game is full of hackers, some might want to try and hide that fact, but does anyone actually know about the ban system in terms of how long it actually takes from report to ban? has anyone tracked a hacker by adding them to steam friends and finding a few days/weeks later that they are now banned? i've seen tons of hackers in high prestiges, so they seem to be getting away with it for weeks, but i cant keep track of them all and i dont want to add them because of the way we can always change our names in steam, it would be too hard to actually know, whos who unless you pay specific attention to their groups/friends/games etc.

Anyone got even the slightest idea?

What is the ratio of Unicorns to Leprechauns? So far...I'd say that it takes at least 2-3 weeks.  I've run into a couple of hackers that were on week 1 with blatant hacks (head shot, head shot, head shot), and they are still around 3 weeks later.

So the reporting...it sucks. Is slow. And before too long they will close this thread like the other ones mentioning hacking, and delete all of the comments.

Level 2

in reply to Pickles_HK

^Correct again. The Report button is a pacifier.

Only ridiculous data, add to the list Excessive 'Bone' kills (e.g. Headshots), and Binary recognition will result in a 'IAC' Ban. You and your friends can press that 'Report' button until your fingers bleed.

Level 28

in reply to JustBetter1

I have seen loads of Hackers too, I will start tracking them and find out how long it takes too. I think it would be great if they would send you an email after they look into the person you reported.

Level 1

in reply to hounddog72

Keep in mind since Ghosts is not a VAC Enabled game you will not see a 'VAC Ban' or a new one anyway if >1 added to the Offenders's Steam account...all you'll be able to do is subjectively infer that they were/are banned from Ghost if they do not play that game any longer i.e. Last Played date...

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

can i just ask, from where do you get this information that the game is not VAC enabled? Foxhound mod told me here that they do use VAC, is he lying or are you lying, provide links to your resources please.

Level 6

in reply to JustBetter1

As above, note no VAC Enabled in Ghosts vs BO2 with VAC Enabled, but keep in mind the most used and effective by far in BO2 were TAC Bans. Also search or better try to search for Ghosts with the VAC Enabled filter here -> store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=8

Ghosts - http://i.imgur.com/E5FJl9Q.jpg

Black Ops II - http://i.imgur.com/cliuRzN.jpg

Level 28

in reply to JustBetter1

Well they don't want us to name and shame on here so steam it is for that

But if they don't want us to name and shame hackers how do we no if there getting banned

since the Clan vs Clan was announced eg the date there has been a massive rise in hackers mainly from eastern Europe and the hacks have also appeared on the internet

I wonder if they will get a seese and desist order like the the FOV inventor did

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to Northerndj

cant name and shame ven though we can change our titles lol, would be different if you showed steam ids, but just their names is a joke

Level 6

Studios