How to avoid playing with cheaters?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

How to avoid playing with cheaters?

How do you avoid playing with cheaters?

I tried going into spectating when joining a game to see weather there are any obvious ones, but it takes a while to see how players act, and I get kicked for inactivity before making a conclusion.

Any other ideas?

Level 10
33 REPLIES

Re: How to avoid playing with cheaters?

in reply to YuriUA

play with friend quit mp gaming if you cant  live with cheaters

Level 1

in reply to YuriUA

yes because no dedi browser to find well admin'd (hehe like my spelling) regular servers to play on, your forced into p2p and geting randomly throw into a lobby(often times the lobby you just left because of aimbot), so your only option is find and entire team/clan/group to play in and play against the same people everytime.....forever lol

Level 6

in reply to YuriUA

I've got a beast PC, plays everything on ultra... spent $2800 on it.. never use it anymore.. bought a $180 xbox w/ $60 xim and actually enjoy playing again.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to TG-ThoMz

Same story - already spent around $3k on gaming PC and now I just want a dirt-cheap (compared to PC) console to play using KB+Mouse, without having to worry about cheaters. But buying Xbox One now will give me a small list of players, while getting 360 is a waste of money - I'll want One before 360 does the RROD trick.

Level 10

in reply to YuriUA

Hold up on XBone if you need to use a kb/m as they haven't released a compatible device yet. I got XBone at launch and haven't played it once.

Level 7

in reply to TG-ThoMz

I did the same thing yrs back when I was in a clan,  was naive and believed these great players (my teammates) on PC were actually great. but then you soon discover they are just cheaters. You think they wouldn't be cheating you because they are older and sound experienced, But they are.

So after weeks of always getting annihilated by these guys (never had a chance) I started honing in on what makes them better and all I could come up with is, all my clan members shared this same glitch where they keep turning fast and stopping/locking on my position thru the wall or as soon as I enter the same space, (even in long distance) and when i'm playing the entire round in stealth mode, (I'm not on there radar, always moving in crouch mode) but still before they get to me in the few short seconds of killcam they flick/turn to my position at least once. and some cases 2 or 3 quick flicks to my position through the wall before the kill. So when I started questioning there legitimacy they all suddenly jumped on (we have awesome pc's, internet speed, bla bla bla) So I bought into it. Went out a few days later did the same as you spent like 3k, upgraded internet to 50mb up & down and nothing changed, I made sure I was the guy with the better yop to bottom and it did nothing, killcams still look exactly the same. Just before the kill they are turned and stopped at my location through the wall. then enter the same space as me with hero like aiming. (insta snap) & their bullets drop you in a second, like what ever the perfect spot on my anatomy is to down me fast is being nailed every time, whether it looks like they are aiming down at my feet I'm dropped in a heartbeat.

Then you read on one of the websites where they sell the cheats and it states that what the new aimbots do, The bullets connect even when the aim looks off.

The moral to the story is I'm sick of playing with all these cheaters and i'll be doing the same. Moving to xbox w/ mouse+kb, There is enough of a community to drown out the cheaters with consoles, here they are prominent, you can't get a match without at least 1 cheater.

Level 1

in reply to Top-Jack

I hear you.

I played comp CS for years- been to over 25 LAN tourneys and at every one there are yahoos that get exposed. These guys are 'lifer' cheaters, some even work for cheat companies (or at least they do now), and they make a team by play OL and then tourney time comes and it's always "i just had some bad rounds...". Go back and watch their match and they are just horrid at the game. 

So, if these idiots are stupid enough to try and pull that off, then whats stopping the stay at home wanna-be? Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, there are cheaters on Xbox as well, but maybe 1/1000th of that on PC. And hardly any 'lifers'.

Level 7

in reply to Top-Jack

If you think switching over to Xbox or PS will help you to avoid cheaters?? You are sadly mistaken. There are cheaters there just as well. The answer is to NOT buy these games. Find other means to satisfy your thirst for online gaming UNTIL they fix this. And they can. But they are only interested in getting your money.

Level 1

in reply to Word_HK

Yes there are cheaters on console- i run into one every week/month. I have personally known more cheaters one PC than i've run into on console in over a year. You might be interested in how many cheats have been sold for PC this year alone.. look it up.

As far as a fix goes... there are two things that will shrink the cheater population. One- boredom or when a new game comes out. And Two- if modding public gameplay ever became illegal and punishable by fines (ain't gonna happen).

Anti-cheat systems are designed to keep honest people honest, not the determined.

Level 7

Studios