How to avoid playing with cheaters?

Call of Duty Ghosts PC

Re: How to avoid playing with cheaters?

in reply to GamerBoO

It's not the KDR alone so if all you do is sit in a corner of the map and get a few kills per game then I'd say you're not walling or aimbotting, but if you're on the top of the scoreboard or close to it time and time again and running around I'd bet money you are cheating. Also if you're one of those that every kill is the minimum bullet count with some distance that's another dead giveaway e.g. excessively high accuracy. The fact is there are too many players that cheat and too many that are indeed blatant; therefore most every single solitary legit players' KDR is significantly less in Ghosts. My KDR is a hell of a lot lower in Ghosts than in BO2; I'm struggling to maintain positive, I'm in the top-middle of the scoreboards, and in BO2 my gun-only KDR for the AN-94 alone was ~2.5. In BO2 most every game I was top 3 or 4, bad games top-middle.

Here's a sad reality - most of my CoD friends, I have ~200, quit playing Ghosts and moved on to BF4 and other games, but a couple (I know of anyway) said screw it and re-purchased Ghosts for a secondary account simply to hack; to compete. I supposed it helps Ghosts sales - derp. So far two of my longtime friends approached me to play because they missed our evening 'talking about our daily BS' when we played BO2 half the night before; social time. Let me tell you their cheating KDR's are between 1.75 - 2.00+ and certainly not 3, 4 or 5. They are not using some over the top jackass aimbot (they use aim assist), nor are they shooting players through walls, nor rushing around like their on the psychic network mysteriously knowing where everyone is --- they absolutely do know where single player is on the map! They're stealth and blend in. No one calls them out as a hack because they're not being some paint-sniffing turd. Most importantly, both of them hope that they get banned because it will restore some faith IW (IAC) works, and then they can play with their legit and clean accounts.

In stark contrast many cheaters are complete bastards and clearly don't give a crap less. Honor amongst thieves.

The reason these legit players turned cheat is simple, a clean lobby is very-very few and far between, and they love CoD but hate being crapped on every single day. Fire with Fire.

So do I agree? No. However do I understand? Yes. Because of this I rarely play, and yes I reported both of them and they knew I would upfront.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

I understand your friends, but also do not support their position. I'd rather lose while keeping a clean, fair, vanilla game, than win with the help of 3rd party "helper" applications (including, but not limited to fov changers - my position is strict, I do not use anything that is outside of game settings, game mouse button macros do not count, I sometimes use "1 click" macro, but in Ghosts there is no need to use it, as guns have "single fire mode" attachment).

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to YuriUA

Bottom-line I do not condone cheaters nor will I ever use a cheat myself.

My point was there are probably more cheaters than players actually even realize. FYI in BO2 macros were bannable especially those used to modify a semi-auto into an auto fire weapon (e.g. FAL, SMR, etc). In Ghosts the only third-party app I use is the IW approved FoV Changer.

The true harsh loss to me is not being able to play with my friends and in particular our conversations! This CoD might be the first time I've never achieved Prestige Master. In preparation of this game I spent ~$1,400 (2560x1440 monitor & 2xGTX 770's) plus the $120 Hardened Edition. Disappointment doesn't touch my level of frustration.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

It's a bit of a late reply but I've only just read this. Momba, if your friends cheat and can only pull around a 2 KDR overall then they suck so damn bad. My TDM KDR is 3.4 and my overall has just dropped below 3. In Ghosts, anything above 4 overall is almost guaranteed to be a cheater.

Level 1

in reply to GamerBoO

Then you my friend are a 110% Hack, please don't reply.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

You are naive and clearly have no idea of just how skilful players can be. In fact, you obviously must accuse way too many legit players simply because their skill level is far higher than yours and your friends.

What you have said is kind of embarrassing. Learn to play or watch professional gamers before you make stupid assumptions.

Level 1

in reply to GamerBoO

The problem is I'm not naive and the highest KDR legit player I've run across is "Press Your W Key" who has a ~2.1 KDR and all he does is flank and run the perimeter of the map or holds down a centralized spawn point. I talked to the guy a few times in lobbies he said he quit using any streaks except support because the high streaks with all of the hackers is practically impossible, get him few kills and would require his style to change. Otherwise practically every single 2+ KDR player I've seen is walling + aimbotting and to date not one (1) 3+ KDR player in Ghosts is legit.

Sure I see 3-15 KDR players but everyone is cheating, and some try to hide the fact and some will crank-up their levels of tard.

In complete contrast if we were talking about BO2 with working anti-cheats (TAC + VAC) then sure but even then most KDR's were assisted by scorestreaks that worked. Our clan alone had a few 3+ KDR players in 'that' game.

Hopefully you'll be banned soon. Your 'Pro' is downloaded; Noob + Cheat = MLG.

/edit - in BO2 at one time I was top 300 in the world, I'm no 'Pro' but I'm no moron either.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

You're embarrassing yourself, you really are. 2 KDRs are good but not impressive. You really haven't got a clue. I won't get banned as I am and always have been legit. You clearly suck, deal with it.

Level 1

in reply to GamerBoO

When your b*lls drop and there's a connection from your frontal lobe and a governor in place then we'll chat.

Save your BS for yourself no one's buying into it and certainly not me.

Level 28

in reply to YuriUA

Also be sure to back out of the lobby as soon as you realize what's going on, lest you'll be suspected of wrongdoing.

Level 40

Studios